PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: I dispise the Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
Ur crazy if you think the Mogul is better. You must have a bad device. I'd try hard resetting it

EDIT: Oh you must have the Verizon version. Sorry
For real!

Sorry, but the Pro is much better than how you are describing it. If you came from a mogul and think its better than the pro, then you have a bad Pro, period. There is NO WAY that a mogul should be running better than a Pro..even Verizons gimped version.

Flash yourself a custom Rom, and add your preferred tweaks. If it still runs worse than a mogul...take it back, because you have a bad unit.

I think peoples expectations are getting higher and higher with each new unit...and to some degree...thats fine. But these are NOT laptops people...they are pocket PCs...expect pocket PC perfomance from them.

HOWEVER...these things that you listed should NOT be occurring.....you NEED a new unit.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Wow, where to start! As a former Mogul user, I would have to say my TP was like going from a Chevette to a Corvette...difficult to even compare the two. Seriously, I would return your TP because you shouldn't have all those problems. This is either a defective device or a defective user.

Maybe you should get an IPhone...I hear they are perfect out of the box
Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I have had zero of those issues...

I understand if you're having those problems with your Verizon TP, because it sucks anus, but those issues are not normal with the Sprint version.

They may be slight, but easily corrected with a good ROM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hard reset, start over. You're doing something wrong.

(other then the verizon-crippled version issues, which you can't fix. Can you hose me now? Good!)

The TP hardware is way better then the mogul hardware. The software is just the same old WinMo pig with nice TF3d lipstick, but getting mad at the pig for being a pig is pretty pointless.

Just get the pig a nice dress, put it on a diet, and teach it some tricks. Then it will be a very pretty pig that can dance. Yay dancing pigs!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
-GPS is AWFUL or unusable.
It's a HTC thing, class action suits are welcome but the outcome doesn't look good.

Quote:
-It is SLOW (half the speed of the XV6800 on a good day)
-Crashes constantly
-Telephone half the time wont hang up
-The physical buttons only work half the time
-The screen is slow and unresponsive
-Bluetooth disconnects, or "goes corrupt" and I have to hard reset.
SPL unlock your phone, try a different 3rd party ROM. 99% you mentioned above would be gone before you know it.

Quote:
-Camera is awful. SLOW, Difficult and most pics are blurry.
Again, HTC's software fault. Procedure see "GPS" above.

Quote:
-Should I even bother mentioning battery life?
Try a big battery like the 3,000 mAh. Added bulk but last you days and "Is that in your pants" joke comes standard.

Quote:
-The physical hardware is fragile at best
I am sure nobody wants metal poisoning from their phone in addition to radiation hazard.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850

Bishop942 is a n00b

TWEAK IT....... I say TWEEEEEEEAK IT! MAAAAAAN. Flash u a new rom and TWEAK it. Its only software. BTW, LOL @ "runnin like a whipped dog on a cold tuesday"
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

a whipped dog on a cold tuesday lmao thats funny i was having a bad day at work until i read that. i thanked you for that one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
You might have a lemon touch pro cause mines on the sprint stock rom and runs like a whipped dog on a cold tuesday! And I have A TON of apps/programs and I can count on both hands how many times I HAD to soft reset cause of problems! So try in get a replacement and see how it runs than. In my Opinion I don't see a better phone out right now that tops the TP
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor

Well guys (and gals), thanks for the response! I was glad to hear this is something others are not experiencing.

I will contact VZW and see about a replacement.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the TP I haven't had such problems. The only problem I have is when I locate a contact from the on scree keyboard it sometimes dials a number and battery life could be better, other than that response, GPS, and Bluetooth work great. I am using the Sprint Stock Rom. I also added a few tweaks and cabs too.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

This is just my opinion but I love my Vogue (xv6900 on Verizion). its super fast, Stable and with the right MicroSD card all the memory you'd ever need and my gps is awesome! I did buy the seidio 2000mah extended battery but like someone else said "its an HTC phone" I'v not seen one yet that the stock battery impressed me.

Downside (for you) is no hardware keyboard, if thats important to you. I prefer the on-screen KB anyways.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro