PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Regarding cracking chrome... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56535)

NickinAround 02-06-2009 12:05 AM

Regarding cracking chrome...

So, I purchased a htc touch pro on ebay, verizonized it, and never had a sprint plan. My chrome is starting to crack, and it isn't a result of fall trauma, am I still able to get a new one thru sprint if my ESN falls in the range of the recall?

510jungleboy 02-06-2009 12:08 AM

Re: Regarding cracking chrome...

No. Because you don't have sprint service.

NickinAround 02-06-2009 12:34 AM

Damn, I wonder if I say that I intended to get sprint service after my VZW contract expired, and that I purchased it cause of high demand and noticed it out of the box if they'd RMA it. I mean, it's still their phone, and they admitted a manufacturing defect.

AlanEvans 02-06-2009 12:40 AM

So let me get this straight...

You don't have a sprint but you are going to call them and ask for a new one?

Good Luck! People WITH sprint have a hard enough time getting their phone's replaced when we actually have a contract with them! haha!

I don't think your "i'm going to switch to sprint when my contact is up" will get you anywhere.

Hafrust 02-06-2009 12:42 AM

I think they'd just refer you to the phone's manufacturer since you are not a Sprint customer. Sprint is acting as the middleman for this "recall" so the customer doesn't have to deal with HTC. Sprint did not manufacture the phones with the bad chrome, so they won't do anything for you.

NickinAround 02-06-2009 12:45 AM

Well, shizer! I guess that sucks then. Anyone have any home remedy type fixes for the chrome then? Lol.

Hafrust 02-06-2009 12:48 AM

Well...you could get something like an innocase from Seidio. I personally don't think I'd like it because I like to have a flush screen, but if I were faced with the choice of a screen that isn't flush or a phone with banged up chrome I think I'd get a case. It's definitely an unfortunate situation you're in.

holo 02-06-2009 12:48 AM

sprint didn't manufacture the phone, they don't owe you anything... I can't believe you would even consider trying to get them to swap it out - it's pretty obvious they would just tell you no...

AlanEvans 02-06-2009 12:49 AM

I can't think of anything that would look good. Have you tried just using a case to prevent it from getting worse?

Is there a current recall on some of the TP's or is this a rumor? I can't find anything about the recall...

Thanks

AlanEvans 02-06-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo (Post 693567)
sprint didn't manufacture the phone, they don't owe you anything... I can't believe you would even consider trying to get them to swap it out - it's pretty obvious they would just tell you no...

lol... If I were the service rep that took that call I think I would have laughed out loud