PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is tethering free (Sprint) with ICS Fix?

I kept my mogul just for internet. My wife and I both use it with wmwifirouter...That I purchased, not b/c I couldn't use the freeware version - but because I want to support a company with a good product and I am not looking for handouts.

Paying for "PAM" however is one of the dumbest things I have heard of. (on an unlimited data plan). I already paid for my data. I don't feel guilty and for sure don't feel like I'm double dipping.

Then again, I don't use flippin 50+ gigs a month and paint a red bulls-eye on my back for them to review.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaolyen View Post
You're kidding, right?

Wouldn't have anything to do with the crappy selection of phones they had for so long?

Or their piss poor solution for international roaming?

I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years now and I'm pretty confident that Sprint isn't laying off because the few people who have a phone capable of tethering AND savvy enough to hack their phone in one way or another are using their phones for internet access (that they pay for on their phone) for their PC.
Don't forget their horrrrible customer service. They've almost made me cry ( a grown man ) cause of some the issues I've had with them in the past.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

keaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I've run across those also.

Oh, and speaking of that (almost forgot this part), the fact that you can count on the fact that you'll be calling Sprint a couple of times a year and waiting on hold while you're bounced from operator to operator (praying you don't get disconnected) for 15 - 20 minutes trying to correct an error THEY made in your bill.

I can't count the number of times I've had to threaten to have my service terminated because the @sshat on the other end of the line either didn't understand the problem, claimed they couldn't fix it, claimed "that can't be done", or just felt like being a jerk that day.

Look now, you got me started...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rook45 is a n00b

Supposedly they've gotten better about the service end of things lately. Hopefully you haven't had that sort of experience recently.

Back on topic (well, not really), what kind of throughput do you get with WMWifirouter? I've not messed with it because I wasn't expecting good speeds, and because I heard some noise about it overheating your phone.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 AM
N00b

juan35 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to juan35

Warning:NOOB Question..... what is tethering?????

-[
Currently Pimping:MightyRom ]
Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan35 View Post
Warning:NOOB Question..... what is tethering?????

Tethering is unlimited Phone as modem internet use when linked to ur PC. It is supposed to be a $60/month add on from Sprint for this type of use. With the ICS hack it is undetectable. Either use your USB cable or WMWifirouter to have your phone broadcast a hotspot like a wireless router in your house.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 AM
N00b

juan35 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to juan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkd711 View Post
Tethering is unlimited Phone as modem internet use when linked to ur PC. It is supposed to be a $60/month add on from Sprint for this type of use. With the ICS hack it is undetectable. Either use your USB cable or WMWifirouter to have your phone broadcast a hotspot like a wireless router in your house.
wouldn't that be kinda slow connection for a computer???
Old 02-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Holy **** how did this thread make it past 20 posts?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook45 View Post
Supposedly they've gotten better about the service end of things lately. Hopefully you haven't had that sort of experience recently.
No, customer service is quite ****ty. It can be good if and only if you get someone that knows what the hell they are talking about. Day before yesterday, I was trying to get a call back number so I can reach them on a line line. It took 8+ calls and over an hour and ended up giving up and searching google from my phone. Found the number on a forum. I got everything from incorrect numbers, numbers no longer in service, transferred back and forth, and disconnect multiple times.

I was pissed. Sero is my only reason. I just have to live with the fact that if I have an issue, hopefully someone here can help me figure it out. If I have to call sprint, they will do something stupid to piss me off. BTW, I am never rude to the callers as I am not that kind of person.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I hate to be the forum troll but stop being cheap guys and pay for internet. This is why sprint is cutting 8000 employees. Because of cheapskates like you.
Think of the upside, -16000 paychecks a month means alot more money they can put into TP stuffz...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro