PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best HTC Touch Pro screen protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimogent View Post
invisible shield to me is the best!
I had an invisible shield on mine for two days & absolutely hated it.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizill View Post
and one more thing, that little demonstration where they scratch the phone or whatever with the key, i'd feel confident it would actually hold up against it. i truely do appreciate that. i have to say this thing is growing on me. just get use to the rubbery feel and viola.
I tried this when I had invisibleshield on my Vogue, also dropped it screen side down on asphalt, it chipped the phone, but no scratches.

Since getting MY TP I'm still not sure which protector I want to get, I didnt notice how much grip the screen protector had until I got my TP and used it with the stock protector. Still looking .

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 01-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think i may be cheap, but i've been using nintendo ds screenguardz on my phones (mogul, now touch pro) for over a year now. and love em. There's 15 in a pack for $9 and they last about a month each. Ive never used anything else, so i cant compare, but im very satisfied with them.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I think i may be cheap, but i've been using nintendo ds screenguardz on my phones (mogul, now touch pro) for over a year now. and love em. There's 15 in a pack for $9 and they last about a month each. Ive never used anything else, so i cant compare, but im very satisfied with them.
two questions

1) how well do they fit??

2) are they smooth? I don't want any grip on whichever protector i decide to go with.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2/iPhone/Tour
Carrier: Sprint/ATT

brisk is a n00b

clarivue.
been using them for all my phones and have no problems with it yet.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

hittingsmoke is just getting started

I bought an Invisishield today at work (didn't realize we sold them until I was looking for a case) and put it on. I'm for the most part satisfied with it. It's only really grippy when I have dry skin, otherwise its quite smooth. It also doesn't show fingerprints unless you look at a pretty extreme angle.

I think I'm going to check out the Brando as well and see how those do... Looks like something I'm just going to have to blow some money on to find out what I like most.

I'm curious how people go about doing the invisishield for the body and another protector for the screen. To my understanding they only way to get the full body shields is to send them in to the company, and they wrap the entire phone... If any of you saw my last 6700 youd understand why I NEED to get this thing a full body invisishield.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittingsmoke View Post
I've been reading around and see that a lot of people like these BoxWave screen protectors. I want to know what is the best screen shield for touch flo performance. On my Apache I had an InvisibleSHIELD which was excellent but it wasn't great for swipes or scrolling. Now that I have a Touch Pro that's a much bigger issue.

So what's everyone's favorite for low friction performance that provides the best look? I also want one that requires zero cutting. i.e. made specifically for the Touch Pro.
I like to use scotch tape. If you get the clear kind it works really well. Im not talking about the stuff you use in the office and keep in your desk. They make a packing tape that just the right width. I used the stock protector as a template and cut around it. Works really good.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittingsmoke View Post
I bought an Invisishield today at work (didn't realize we sold them until I was looking for a case) and put it on. I'm for the most part satisfied with it. It's only really grippy when I have dry skin, otherwise its quite smooth. It also doesn't show fingerprints unless you look at a pretty extreme angle.

I think I'm going to check out the Brando as well and see how those do... Looks like something I'm just going to have to blow some money on to find out what I like most.

I'm curious how people go about doing the invisishield for the body and another protector for the screen. To my understanding they only way to get the full body shields is to send them in to the company, and they wrap the entire phone... If any of you saw my last 6700 youd understand why I NEED to get this thing a full body invisishield.
if you go to the invisible shield website you can buy a full body kit. They come in several pieces to make it easier to install. I havent looked for the TP yet, but thats what I had for my vogue
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

hittingsmoke is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
I like to use scotch tape. If you get the clear kind it works really well. Im not talking about the stuff you use in the office and keep in your desk. They make a packing tape that just the right width. I used the stock protector as a template and cut around it. Works really good.
huh... seems like that would leave residue after any extended period of time on the device and would be really easy for the corners to start peeling.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Lurker

Akshay00 is a n00b

Ghost Armor. Amazing...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro