PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau
Just got another Touch Pro today, few ?s, and should I hard reset??

Ok I just got done with the hour drive each way to get my new Touch Pro. My other one had a seizure this morning and I couldn't deal with it anymore. My new ones build date is 1/09/09. So I got a fresh one, now, should I do a hard reset before I start adding anything to the phone? Also, how do I do that without losing my contacts if I need to?? Thanks in advance guys!

Btw the guy let me keep everything from my old device which is nice, so now I have 2 of everything, he kept going man that black back cover is awesome how do I do it, he acted like a little boy on Christmas lmao....
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Just got another Touch Pro today, few ?s, and should I hard reset??

A hard reset can't hurt even if it won't do anything. If you dont want to lose your contacts, either sync them to outlook or use PIM backup to back them up then restore after the reset.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / HTC Hero

iNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Use PIM Backup to backup and restore your contacts and whatnot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

DEfinitely my man, hard reset dat isht
Old 01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

hood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuffhood662 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to hood662

PIM backup rocks, ! outlook sync is good too, but after flashing a new rom its so much easier to back up using sd card!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau

I'm a girl .....lol. Anyways, I had Outlook on my computer and I got pissed because all of my Comcast email kept going to that and I had to forward them all back so I uninstalled it lmao. I will try the PIM backup if I am smart enough to figure all that **** out haha. Thanks guys
Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Actually, just reinstalled Outlook with a different email address, how do I back up my contacts this way??
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

they should copy automatically once you make a connection with your pc.a box will pop up with everything you want synced.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, it said everything was synced, so when I do this hard reset how do I sync them back, and where do I go on my computer to make sure my contacts are on that as well as my phone? I just don't want to lose them, its 300 numbers
Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (Sero)

astanix is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to astanix Send a message via AIM to astanix Send a message via MSN to astanix Send a message via Yahoo to astanix Send a message via Skype™ to astanix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilarchambeau View Post
Ok, it said everything was synced, so when I do this hard reset how do I sync them back, and where do I go on my computer to make sure my contacts are on that as well as my phone? I just don't want to lose them, its 300 numbers
Open up microsoft outlook or outlook express and go to contacts, they should be in there

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro