PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3000 mah Extended Battery Pictures

Did they check your phone, or just the battery? The battery isn't the problem; it's the phone (or at least it was in my case).

Have them look at the phone. When I went up there, I told them that I tried three different batteries (stock, mugen, and seidio), and none of them could get my battery to last the whole day.

Just be sure to tell them that the phone is the problem, not the battery.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lanman19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Well, I finally got the battery. I popped it in, and it's bigger than I thought it would be. I have attached the pictures for those who wanted to see how it looks on the phone. Sorry about the camera quality.

So, what do you guys think? Buy or leave it?
I like it!! Where exactly can I get one? How many $? I like that the included replacement back cover is flat. A lot of these extended batts. have just a bulge at the bottome.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

before you guys ever take your phones in for anything, hard reset and leave it as is. don't install software of contacts, nothing! because they'll use anything as an excuse as to why its you and not the phone.

please think ahead before you do such things.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, thanks for the reminder BSD.

I flashed my Touch pro back to the stock rom and hard reset it as well. You have to do that before you take it in to get it replaced.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work

Thanks Oxymoron238 & GhettoBSD

Yes I will do so before returning the phone. I spoke again with Alltel tech support abd he helped to update the roam and told me to let the battery drain all the way down until it shuts off then to charge it again and see how long it last. Then if it still drains like it has been in 3 hours he made a note on my account then I can go to the local store and get another battery first then try it for a week. If I still have issues the I can take the phone in and exchange the phone. So,,,, I will try this and see what happens!

TIA,
CHeers,
azbobs
Old 04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbobs View Post
Thanks Oxymoron238 & GhettoBSD

Yes I will do so before returning the phone. I spoke again with Alltel tech support abd he helped to update the roam and told me to let the battery drain all the way down until it shuts off then to charge it again and see how long it last. Then if it still drains like it has been in 3 hours he made a note on my account then I can go to the local store and get another battery first then try it for a week. If I still have issues the I can take the phone in and exchange the phone. So,,,, I will try this and see what happens!

TIA,
CHeers,
azbobs
let us know how it goes for you bro
Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

does it actually give you a correct battery power? as some generics dont have a control chip in them and wont show correct power
Old 04-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ProtoProtoss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
does it actually give you a correct battery power? as some generics dont have a control chip in them and wont show correct power
I was wondering the same thing. Also am wondering if it can fit in the standard case that came with the phone with it's size, or would I need to find or create a different one to fit it. Would hate to have to keep it in my pocket, as it'd look quite ing bulging out in that shape... :-/ (nothing adult was in that prior statement, refrain from thinking so, thanks)
Old 04-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yeah, for the extended batteries you'll have to use a bigger door, but the larger door normally comes with the phone. For the Seidio battery, I think Seidio sells a holster that'll fit it. If you want the mugen battery, then you might have a little more trouble finding a holster for it.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptran504 View Post
Damn. That is way too friggin thick for a cell phone. I guess if it serves its purpose for you then more power to you.
I'm sorry, but i cracked up when I read this. "...MORE POWER to you". Even if that was unintentional, it's brilliant.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro