PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to clean BOTH sides of Screen Protector No Air Bubbles (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53869)

elmerfudpucker 02-19-2009 11:14 AM

Re: How to clean BOTH sides of Screen Protector No Air Bubbles

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifreewillie (Post 652114)
Will whiskey work in this case...? :drunken:

What...you have whiskey left???

zikronix 02-19-2009 11:32 AM

whoa cool..

jpc0480 02-19-2009 02:30 PM

~bookmark~

KOF33 02-20-2009 05:15 PM

Thats why I dont trust all those wet and wild screen guards.

I was using the non alcohol method of this and it works great....but I just screwed up my screen protector trying to do it again ((one tiny bubble was annoying me))

Ive tried searching....is there anywhere to get the STOCK screen guards that came with the TP ??

zikronix 02-21-2009 01:04 PM

sprint sells them...my problem was the screen protecter didnt actually fit.it was cut just a hair too big.so i had to trim it...and to the guy with alchol under his screen...if that happens to you...just let it try out in the sun let it sit...it will correct its self and be fine.

Exil3d 02-21-2009 01:11 PM

My method is to turnt he hot shower on for 2 minutes and put it inside the bathroom with some steam in the air. No dust at all!

digi 02-21-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 727790)
My method is to turnt he hot shower on for 2 minutes and put it inside the bathroom with some steam in the air. No dust at all!

I've done that several times, and it seems to work ok, however I still manage to get some dust and lint it seems. Last night at work I tried this method in what I thought was a pretty sterile room, on a spotless stainless steel table as my workbench, and I'm still not happy with it. Although I have reapplied this same screen protector a few times now.

I still have a brand new screen protector that I havent peeled yet, I think I am gonna get a large ziplock bag, big enough to put my hands in, and apply it inside the bag, maybe then I will be satisfied.

speck 02-21-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zikronix (Post 727776)
sprint sells them...my problem was the screen protecter didnt actually fit.it was cut just a hair too big.so i had to trim it...and to the guy with alchol under his screen...if that happens to you...just let it try out in the sun let it sit...it will correct its self and be fine.

Does Sprint finally have the protectors specifically for the Touch Pro? Last time I checked at my store they only had the generic kind, that you had to cut to fit.

harry5150 02-21-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 727790)

I've heard of the instant clean room technique with steam too, but I think you're supposed to switch to cold water for a bit to make the steam condense and trap the particles in the air.

loren646 10-06-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 727836)
I've done that several times, and it seems to work ok, however I still manage to get some dust and lint it seems. Last night at work I tried this method in what I thought was a pretty sterile room, on a spotless stainless steel table as my workbench, and I'm still not happy with it. Although I have reapplied this same screen protector a few times now.

I still have a brand new screen protector that I havent peeled yet, I think I am gonna get a large ziplock bag, big enough to put my hands in, and apply it inside the bag, maybe then I will be satisfied.

you really shouldn't unless there is a fan running or draft.

make an easy glovebox that will guarantee it will be free of draft. Find a table and place an upside down CLEAR tub over the table. now pull it slightly out and put the alcohol, phone and your hands inside tub. presto. no draft. clean environment.