PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to clean BOTH sides of Screen Protector No Air Bubbles (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53869)

loren646 01-19-2009 03:15 PM

How to clean BOTH sides of Screen Protector No Air Bubbles

This will remove all dust and air bubbles from your phone.

1. Take screen protector off wash with soap and water.

2. Dunk screen protector in alcohol.

3. Shake screen protector a few times. (It can have a few tiny drops still on the protector).

4. Place on and have a new beautiful screen with no air bubbles.

note: there is another method on here with scotch tape but i ill advise against that method.

Hit the THANKS!

MadlyAlive 01-19-2009 03:20 PM

Re: How to clean BOTH sides of Screen Protector No Air Bubbles

Been doing that for years... :)

Mystery 01-19-2009 03:24 PM

I might try it, but will the screen protector still stick back to the screen?

loren646 01-19-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystery (Post 651648)
I might try it, but will the screen protector still stick back to the screen?

It will still be as sticky as when you first got it. That's why you can't wash it with one of those eye glass cloths. There is no way to remove every piece of dust particles with that method.

I'm meticulous when I clean. Even 1 air bubble would annoy me.

Atticus 01-19-2009 04:03 PM

dammit i wish i new this method. I got a replacement pro over the weekend and my first Pro i managed to get the screen protector on perfect, but it didn't go well with the second pro. I became frustrated and threw the screen protector away.

On a side note ill be looking to get a screen protector in the next couple days, the OP mentions soap. Will any soap work? Or does it have to be a special kind. I know now a days soaps have moisturizers and stuff like that.

loren646 01-19-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus (Post 651709)
dammit i wish i new this method. I got a replacement pro over the weekend and my first Pro i managed to get the screen protector on perfect, but it didn't go well with the second pro. I became frustrated and threw the screen protector away.

On a side note ill be looking to get a screen protector in the next couple days, the OP mentions soap. Will any soap work? Or does it have to be a special kind. I know now a days soaps have moisturizers and stuff like that.

The cheap liquid soap you use to wash dishes is fine. I'm sure if it's not heavy with the lotion it should be alright too if rinsed well (i have not tried using different soaps with different amounts of lotion however).

InvincibleLiving 01-19-2009 05:24 PM

i've been doing everything except dipping it in alcohol... i'll be sure to add that to my routine lol... oh and I always use DAWN dish liquid - really helps to cut oil residue ect...

mopar_hendrix 01-19-2009 05:29 PM

Good advice.

Mystery 01-19-2009 05:47 PM

I just finished putting the screen on my diamond, worked perfectly, Thanks!

FrozenIpaq 01-19-2009 06:38 PM

I just do it the old fashion way, no extra additives or solutions and I am able to get 0 air bubbles ;) (don't really need to clean a screen protector anyways