PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmmarie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dialer pad pops up when sliding keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
The problem was in the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, the wrong version of the file was used, also the phone reads the speaket icon from 3 diiferent locations, the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, phcanOverbmp.dll and the shellres.192.dll so all locations have to have matching icons or it will cause this. The problem has been fixed. If you need an update visit my thread in the themes section now. The newset version is 5v1.7
You rock, my problem solved. I follow all your work from the shadows.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Dialer pad pops up when sliding keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
The problem was in the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, the wrong version of the file was used, also the phone reads the speaket icon from 3 diiferent locations, the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, phcanOverbmp.dll and the shellres.192.dll so all locations have to have matching icons or it will cause this. The problem has been fixed. If you need an update visit my thread in the themes section now. The newset version is 5v1.7
Go Spurs! Watching them play the Suns right now. I'll be there for the game on Saturday as well.

A little more on topic, you should be able to use a file explorer (like Resco) and rename HTCVolumeControl.dll to something like "HTCVolumeControlold.dll" and then soft reset. It fixed all of my issues with dialer or landscape TF3D popping up while typing a text message. It recreates the file upon reboot and all should be well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro