PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Is Verizon 3G or 3.5G?

lol.. Yes Hibby.. Sprint is winning.. Since Sprint is the only mobile operator with a functioning 4G network...
Old 01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea people are just touting bs around. wimax is 4g and its WAY farther along than LTE sprint and verizon are both significantly faster than any gsm network with good signal. evdo.

1g is analog
2g is 1x / edge
3g is hsdpa/evdo (rev a could be considered an extension to this but its more just opening up what evdo was always capable of)
4g is wimax/lte

that being said the g only stands for generation so as others said it isn't apples to apples. both hsdpa and evdo are 3g for their perspective carrier.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post
According to my areas regional Verizon President this upgrades will be completed no later than the 4th quarter of the year... mind showing us where Sprint or AT&T compare on the switch?
Sprint claims they have Rev. A everywhere... And they do, for the most part, they're definitely farther along than VZW. Sprint is also in the process of rolling out WiMAX.

AT&T? They don't seem to believe in 3G... No 3G where I'm at, and 3G coverage across the nation is pretty sparse. I'd dare to say Sprint almost has more 4G area covered than AT&T does 3G.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
lol.. Yes Hibby.. Sprint is winning.. Since Sprint is the only mobile operator with a functioning 4G network...
w00t! im really pissed my pro isnt compatible though

Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
w00t! im really pissed my pro isnt compatible though
That would be pretty sweet, huh?

My boss picked up one of the Nokia Internet Tablets with Wimax built in...Haven't played with it yet, but he's coming into the office tomorrow I'm stoked to fool around with it!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Really interesting stuff here. I didn't know 4G was so close. You say Sprint already has functioning 4G in some areas? Has Verizon began 4G coverage yet?

I'm definitely eager to use 4G, as I hope it means not only better/faster data connections, but also more technology (such as Video Calling).
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

yea that hd pro better have wimax.... ill buy it.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Really interesting stuff here. I didn't know 4G was so close. You say Sprint already has functioning 4G in some areas? Has Verizon began 4G coverage yet?

I'm definitely eager to use 4G, as I hope it means not only better/faster data connections, but also more technology (such as Video Calling).
yeah sprint has 4g up in baltimore i believe. Actually i'de rather call it wimax. They have aircards that can pick up the wimax signal also, so those people are sooooo lucky right now.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
yeah sprint has 4g up in baltimore i believe. Actually i'de rather call it wimax. They have aircards that can pick up the wimax signal also, so those people are sooooo lucky right now.
Well, some people are mad. The first WiMAX cards only got WiMAX. The latest are dual-band and can connect to WiMAX or EVDO Rev. A. There's a lot of angry early adopters haha

Verizon has no 4G progress because thay have chosen LTE which isn't in deployment anywhere yet.

Edit: Look up Xohm... or more likely - ClearWire

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro