PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adding tabs to TF3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
That's correct except about the [[IDS_COMMS]] part unless you changed the entry in 090661f_manila to match. The entry in brackets tells Manila to refer to the localization file to retrieve the proper name. I'll be sure those are all of the files, I will edit this post in a minute

Edit: If you can't get TF3D to start, -worst case scenario- just delete (or rename) the files that you have modified or replaced, and soft reset, the originals will be re-created. I'm still searching!
I didnt modify the 09 manila to match. I am sure that is the issue. It takes like 10 min to access the windows folder from my desktop, so when I can grab that file and match it, i'll try again.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Thanks. I'm gonna try this too. But I have a couple of questions:

1. How do you know when you need to add a file (like you said we need to do for the call history tab) to add a tab to TF3D?

2. Will you need to re-add the tabs after you change a Theme using TF3D Config? (currently using the Purple theme)

3. Can you post the code to add the Sprint TV tab back?

4. If I want to add a tab that says "MEDIA" and how have it look similar to the Internet tab with "Core Player" as my Icon and having links to other media player(like kinoma,WM player, etc..) underneath it, how would I do it? is it possible?
Don't mean to double post but I'm going to maintain two posts to answer each of your questions.

No way to totally know, except that for the "removed" tabs in TF3D, HTC cleaned up unnecessary files, in regards to the call history tab, it was the file I attached. The extra file is just one of the ones that HTC removed, ripped from an even older version of manila that had the call history tab.

Yes, you will very likely have to re-add the tabs when changing the theme. The primary reason I did not just cabify these modifications is that multiple modificaions often involve the same manila files. I have learned it is better to just provide the original information and allow everyone to do their own personal changes. Also, the theme programs are pretty notorious for just running over any other modification you may want to do, they all figure that's the only mod you will be doing.

I would re-add the sprint tab right now but I'm not on the stock Sprint ROM right now (on Dream's ROM), and all I would need is someone to provide me with an original sprint 26948339_manila and I can pull the proper lines out of it and post them here for reference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

This thread will answer alot of your questions.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689

Also check out this thread. Might be a good idea to download that manila at the top of the first post. I think its the newest version. Dont know though. All I know is that is the one the I use and since Ive changed I dont get random **** happening when trying to change files(wont load,clock just flips, clock shows all 0's etc.) Pretty much all mods that are out work on that version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432951

Last edited by reeg420; 01-08-2009 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:09 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
I didnt modify the 09 manila to match. I am sure that is the issue. It takes like 10 min to access the windows folder from my desktop, so when I can grab that file and match it, i'll try again.
It takes forever for me, too. What I do is open the windows folder on the device using resco explorer, copy the files I am going to be playing with to My Documents, then copy them to the PC from there, and store them in a folder where all the original manila files are... this way if I need an "original" one as if I was taking it from the device, I have it in a more easily accessed location.

Try leaving the entry as [[IDS_COMMUNICATIONS]], and add the line like I said before. You can even just drop my 09 manila in there, but Sprint TV will not be named, among other things. Look at mine, see what I did at the end, and compare

I also edited the last post, try just the communication manager tab first, I'm a bit concerned that one of the files is too old to work with the new manila. If it is, I'll get working on it, but no call history unless you go back to an old version of Manila like I'm using right now. (PS, I love the animations :P but it definitely does slow everything down a little.)
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok. I'm dumb. I changed the reference in the 09 manila file to match ids_comms and tf3d still wont load.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Ok. I'm dumb. I changed the reference in the 09 manila file to match ids_comms and tf3d still wont load.
If you have AIM or MSN or something, send me a message on one of them, it will be a little easier to diagnose the problem. I'm going to try a couple of things and get back to you with the results.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes, you will very likely have to re-add the tabs when changing the theme. The primary reason I did not just cabify these modifications is that multiple modificaions often involve the same manila files. I have learned it is better to just provide the original information and allow everyone to do their own personal changes. Also, the theme programs are pretty notorious for just running over any other modification you may want to do, they all figure that's the only mod you will be doing.

I usually keep universal files like that seperate and I add them to the theme files that dont have them enabled. That way when I use tf3d config it loads that theme with my tab settings.

Also did you see my last post, would help the loading problems.

To edit the theme files. Set your folder options on your computer to show know file types extensions and change the extension on it from .theme to .zip. Then unzip overwrite the particular files or add them whatever. Rezip and change the extension from .zip back to .theme
Old 01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Ok I tried changing both entries of [[IDS_COMMUNICATIONS]] to [[IDS_COMMS]] and it still worked fine, I had some feeling that could have cause strange issues.

It's a possibility that you have a problem elsewhere in one of your files. Attach your 269* manila file and I'll take a look, if you like.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
It takes forever for me, too. What I do is open the windows folder on the device using resco explorer, copy the files I am going to be playing with to My Documents
That is a good idea, I'll have to remember that. I can't believe how long the TP takes to open the Windows folder from Active Sync. I was sure the phone had frozen up the 1st time I tried that.

My Titan's never took anywhere near this long, I wonder what causes this??

~John
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok I tried changing both entries of [[IDS_COMMUNICATIONS]] to [[IDS_COMMS]] and it still worked fine, I had some feeling that could have cause strange issues.

It's a possibility that you have a problem elsewhere in one of your files. Attach your 269* manila file and I'll take a look, if you like.
I changed the name back to ids_communications, but here is the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 26948339_manila.zip (4.6 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro