PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Touch Pro problem or sprint service problem?

keep us posted. I stil believe it is signal and not TP related..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would say to do the Poll Tower tweak.. You will need your MSL for that. This helped me receive alot more otherwise missed calls.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hulign is a n00b

I had this same problem.... The best solution is to call sprint and let them know that you are not getting your calls. Ask them nicely if there is anything you can do. If you get the right rep they will talk to you about getting an Airave. It basically is like Voip for your cell. It uses your router and high speed connection to route calls when you are at home. It costs about 100 bucks but if you are patient and nice they will give you a service credit to offset the cost. If they fight you ask to cancel your service...that will get you sent to the retentions department. They have a lot more power to do just what you need them to do. The basic service is 5 bucks a month but they sometimes pick up the tab on that too. The higher package $15 gives you unlimited free calls from your house without it going against your minutes. My calls have never sounded better and you won't miss anymore calls to voicemail.

Hope this helps... As for my setup I can use my phone anywhere in my home now with full bars at all time. Which is awesome cause I wont give up my sprint plan till they pry it out of my cold dead hand.Every year I try to find a better deal... it can't be done.

Good luck sorry for the long reply
Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What I have noticed about the touch pro is that when it is using cellular web data, if someone calls you it goes straight to voice mail not cutting the data line. So my money is on the device and a setting somewhere that might put calls as priority and not the data connection.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

sprints always been that way.

what i dont get is when my phone is on active sync it shows the ear piece on the top bar and when i get calls i cant hear nada.. so no sync and talking for me
Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah Mike it does,
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
What I have noticed about the touch pro is that when it is using cellular web data, if someone calls you it goes straight to voice mail not cutting the data line. So my money is on the device and a setting somewhere that might put calls as priority and not the data connection.
Yes that is true.. but if you set the DDTMode under the phone settings to "Off" then you won't have that problem.

As for the OP, when you have a weak signal to begin with in your house but can go outside and get s decent signal, you have a coverage issue inside your house. When this happens and the phone is on "automatic" then the phone is constantly polling between Sprint and Roaming. I will almost bet that you see a significant battery drain in addition to a warm battery due to the consistant polling.

Your two options are as thay have been mentioned here already,

1) Install the cab and set the phone to "Roam Only" when you are in your house. I use the do this all the time in my house since I am in a fringe area. Worked out great.

With Roam Only you might incur higher charges on your monthly bill unless you have the roaming option on your account. But one thing to remember is that any usage over 70% that is roam on your account you will more than likely be charged with roaming charges full the whole month without this option. (Or at least that is the way it use to be.)

2) Get yourself a Airave (which I am currently using) to boost the signal in your house.

With this one you will have a higher upfront cost ($99 for the Airave) and and a $5 monthly cost for you phone. The unlimited is $15 and will include any phone on the Sprint network in your home.

Both options should work for you no matter what. It just a matter of what works best for you.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i was wondering if anyone can post the roaming cab please as i didn't see it in any of the posts.thanks a bunch!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM
DaFlowMaster

Stand by , that biatch is roaming somewhere around here.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint_Force_Roaming.zip (647 Bytes, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by HBOOT; 12-31-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

kingjah2gz is a n00b

I've been having the same problem and trust me its the phone.I will get maybe 3 out of 10 calls with me calling the phone right in front of me from anoth er phone.Alot of people tell me they called and the phone never rings,but guess what the voicemail is there.Never had this problem with any other sprint phone my service here is great always.Called sprint and they also said its the phone so there sending another as of 12/30/08.Tech support attempted to redo the msid but like i stated they still believe its the phone so there sending a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro