PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why is the Touch Pro not available from Sprint?

What are they doing?

Are they doing this on purpose to up their sales in 1Q of 2009? Are there problems with the phone that needs to be addressed?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Why is the Touch Pro not available from Sprint?

i don't think they sell enough of them to make a dent in their 1q stats... they certainly aren't advertising it enough to care about that.

bestbuy has them in stock for 200 bucks, at least the one near me. i heard they're getting them in soon though... i got the pro the first day it came out, and they sent me a replacement a few days ago.. there's some very minor differences between the two, one being that the battery cover doesn't creak, though that could be a fluke... but the material seems slightly different, and the stamping on it is different inside. one's indented, the other is printed. makes me think that there's some type of manufacturing difference. the keyboard also feels slightly different when opening it. from day one mine has always been kinda floppy, but the other really snaps open. the screen on the new one is also very yellowish... maybe they changed some stuff..
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

sprint strores i central pa have lots.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jejb is a n00b

I was in Best Buy a couple of days ago and they are still selling Sprint Touch Pros. The Sprint website says they're out of stock, but not unavailable. Why do you think they're not available?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

Tecnica_swift is a n00b

What I dont understand is on the site they have this phone listed as $300 with a $36 dollar activation but yet I purchased mine at best buy for $200 plus $19 in activation.

Makes you wonder who will want to purchase the phone on their site then when you can save over $100 for them to be out of the phone
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i refuse to pay activation fees... never have, never will. i had sprint pay for my tp, but my friend got it from bb for the 200 bucks. some people feel more comfortable buying it from sprint.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
I was in Best Buy a couple of days ago and they are still selling Sprint Touch Pros. The Sprint website says they're out of stock, but not unavailable. Why do you think they're not available?
because they sold them all, but they are out there. just sprint wharehouse is empty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro