PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

joeykrim is keeping up the good workjoeykrim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Display a Caller's STATE based on Area code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i'm still gonna give auto-exec's app a go to test it out...
i just installed his app on my phone and it is less attractive but it works great compared to having nothing in tf3d!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykrim View Post
i just installed his app on my phone and it is less attractive but it works great compared to having nothing in tf3d!
do you feel like posting a screenshot?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
do you feel like posting a screenshot?
Hey all,

There's a screenshot in that linked thread, but I'll post again here for convenience:

I agree that the app isn't very attractive but, as there didn't seem to be much interest, I never pursued making it look nicer... if anyone wants to provide graphics, I will try to integrate and can recompile... otherwise maybe if I have some time over the next few nights I'll give it a go myself.... any suggestions welcome.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
Hey all,

There's a screenshot in that linked thread, but I'll post again here for convenience:

I agree that the app isn't very attractive but, as there didn't seem to be much interest, I never pursued making it look nicer... if anyone wants to provide graphics, I will try to integrate and can recompile... otherwise maybe if I have some time over the next few nights I'll give it a go myself.... any suggestions welcome.
*coughSAUMAN-HE'S-TALKING-TO-YOUcough* whew... excuse me
Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

This is a feature on Alltel as well, but amazingly they want to CHARGE YOU $2/Month to have it show City, State for each number.

It's amazing how much money phone companies try and milk from people.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I remember my Titan also did this on outgoing calls. I don't remember what exactly it was (I think a specific dialer). I also showed it to my iPhone friend (you know, as a "look what else my phone can do that yours can't), and he showed me the same thing - except it also shows the area in the state (I don't remember if it was a city, county, etc...). But he 1up'ed me on that one.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Hey all,

Oh man, I didn't mean to offend you or anything... But if you want graphics, I could definitely help you out. What would be the easiest areas to skin?

Actually, it would be even better if you could somehow make only the state display on the small black banner of the incoming call screen. Right under the top WM bar aligned to the right of the same line it says 'Sprint'
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Oh man, I didn't mean to offend you or anything... But if you want graphics, I could definitely help you out. What would be the easiest areas to skin?

Actually, it would be even better if you could somehow make only the state display on the small black banner of the incoming call screen. Right under the top WM bar aligned to the right of the same line it says 'Sprint'
Nah, dude, not offended at all, haha.. I mainly tinkered with this to get my hands dirty with C#.. I didn't put too much effort into it, it was more me screwing around trying to modify an app to use local data instead of web data (but I wound up posting it since it worked! )

Interesting thought about not using a form... lemme look into that a bit.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Nah, dude, not offended at all, haha.. I mainly tinkered with this to get my hands dirty with C#.. I didn't put too much effort into it, it was more me screwing around trying to modify an app to use local data instead of web data (but I wound up posting it since it worked! )

Interesting thought about not using a form... lemme look into that a bit.

I took a screenshot and put STATE in red. That's probably the best place to put it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

function>fashion

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro