PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BlueAnt Z9i .vs. Plantronics 520 .vs. Motorola H715

I have the Plantronics 925, and love it! I have always had Plantronics headsets. The audio quality is great, I can barely tell it's in my ear (I've lost 2 sets because it's too comfortable, and I've put on my motorcycle helmet over my headset by mistake many times).

I paid $80 on ebay for these back when they were $200 in the stores. Now it's $80 at Costco (at least it was last week).

For headphones, I use the Motorola HT820. I've had them for 3-4 years (since they first came out with them), and they are still going strong! These were $50 on ebay at the time.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

spediegunz is a n00b

i can't speak for the rest because i haven't tested them but i hear the top 2 ear pieces out there are the jawbone 2 and the blue ant i personally own a blueant z9i and i love it. its the best blue tooth ever and when paired with the touch pro using microsoft voice command it can't be beat. it has a voice isolation mode for when u are in those extra noisy/windy situations that i have personally tested and the people on the other end of the call tell me when i turn on that mode it really makes a difference so i can't vouch for the blue ant as a good blue tooth to go with this phone
Old 12-20-2008, 06:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

I got the z9i upon many favorable reviews on here and other places and have only used a few times. People can not understand me for anything when I use this. I end up having to pull it off my ear, hold it up to my mouth and speak into it and put it back to my ear to listen and keep going back-and-forth like this. They say when I do this, they hear me fine. I'm not a big fan of these things as is, I just don't understand how something hanging off my ear can pick up my voice being projected forward - but whatever. I'd like to make it work, but its just not working for me. I let a friend use it for a day and she said it worked fine for her. Maybe I'm not using it 'right', but there really aren't many ways not to use it right...I dunno, any tips???
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

like i stated before...i think its the touch pro's bluetooth. i also tried my old jabra bt500 that worked well with my vogue and worked crappy on my pro
Old 12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started

I have to agree that the TP Bluetooth stack is superb, coming from a WM6.1 PPC6700. In any ROM cooking I tried I found the bluetooth didn't have enough volume with my Jawbone. With my TP, the Bluetooth is amazing and MUCH louder with the same headset. BYW, you'll have to pry my Jawbone out of my cold dead hands before I'll change it for anything else. IT's amazing compared to Motola and Nexxen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro