PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: Have a question regarding text msgs

SMS is limited to 160characters that includes spaces and text. You may want to verify the formating of the joke, or even retype it in a normal txt instead of forwarding it, and see if that fixes the issue. But no phone will send a txt over 160 in a single txt it will be split.

Shell
Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

My wife and I both have an HTC Pro (Sprint) and this happens to us all of the time.

So when the 2nd half of the message comes through, does that mean that counts as 2 text messages off our monthly plan allowance?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
My wife and I both have an HTC Pro (Sprint) and this happens to us all of the time.

So when the 2nd half of the message comes through, does that mean that counts as 2 text messages off our monthly plan allowance?
yes, it does
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

EVERYTIME I send a multi-part message to someone, on Sprint, or other carriers, they get them all jumbled.

Sometimes I will copy-paste other text messages, and it the resulting text message is (4-5) x 160, and the recipient gets it so out of order that it's not even funny.

I have decided to stop sending multiple-part messages. I will just send a bunch of small ones, manually.

Sprint has bad problems with this--unless somehow it's the Touch Pro. My friends all send me multi-part messages and I get them just fine, but I cannot send them. Perhaps a delay would be nice between each message. Is there a registry setting for that? (I doubt it.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro