PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Latest PRI version?

Guess no one really knows
Old 01-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Still no information on how to update the PRI?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Still no information on how to update the PRI?
THIS IS ONLY FOR THE PRL...I can't remember how to do the PRI at the moment

I know on my Mogul, the process was as follows:

1. Get your SPC/MSL code by running getspc (there's one for our TP's in the default forum, I think it's entitled "BAF MSL grabber" or something with some other words in there

2. Download the newest .pri, however you can find it. There used to be a website out there that hosted these for different HTC devices, that's how I used to do it for the Mogul.

3. Once you ahve that, you would normally go into ppst.exe located in the windows folder. We don't have that, but I do see an EPST.exe in the TP. Launch that, and then there should be a section where it lists your current PRI version. If you edit that, it should ask you if you want to update it, and then you should be able to browse for the file. Once you're done, your phone will reboot.

I'm sorry, I'm having to do this by memory, and I just installed the slide to answer from the HD, which has disabled my ability to get into EPST.

If this doesn't work, I'll hard reset later and re-word my process above to match what everything says exactly.

****EDIT****

Since I hate not being thorough, I went ahead and hard reset anyway, my phone is currently booting...I'll know if this will work in about 5 minutes.

AND I think my process is for the PRL not PRI....found that page I was talking about, here --> http://corolada.com/prl/

I KNOW I've updated the PRI too though for my mogul. wonder if it's not the same process. I'll think on it for a while

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P

Last edited by kmartburrito; 01-02-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
THIS IS ONLY FOR THE PRL...I can't remember how to do the PRI at the moment

I know on my Mogul, the process was as follows:

1. Get your SPC/MSL code by running getspc (there's one for our TP's in the default forum, I think it's entitled "BAF MSL grabber" or something with some other words in there

2. Download the newest .pri, however you can find it. There used to be a website out there that hosted these for different HTC devices, that's how I used to do it for the Mogul.

3. Once you ahve that, you would normally go into ppst.exe located in the windows folder. We don't have that, but I do see an EPST.exe in the TP. Launch that, and then there should be a section where it lists your current PRI version. If you edit that, it should ask you if you want to update it, and then you should be able to browse for the file. Once you're done, your phone will reboot.

I'm sorry, I'm having to do this by memory, and I just installed the slide to answer from the HD, which has disabled my ability to get into EPST.

If this doesn't work, I'll hard reset later and re-word my process above to match what everything says exactly.

****EDIT****

Since I hate not being thorough, I went ahead and hard reset anyway, my phone is currently booting...I'll know if this will work in about 5 minutes.

AND I think my process is for the PRL not PRI....found that page I was talking about, here --> http://corolada.com/prl/

I KNOW I've updated the PRI too though for my mogul. wonder if it's not the same process. I'll think on it for a while

Just to let ya know

PRI is flashed thru a local program called PPST.exe in the windows folder. You do have the option to minipulate the PRI like you would the PRL. I recently exctracted VZW's PRI to recode for non-proprietary GPS use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933 may interest you, may not......

Just so everyone reading knows. The above linked thread is for Verizon's Touch Pro ONLY. Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro's seem to be stuck with a roaming indicator when my PRI is applied. Plus Verizoned devices already have non-proprietary GPS so there is no need for the files I posted.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 01-03-2009 at 12:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Just to let ya know

PRI is flashed thru a local program called PPST.exe in the windows folder. You do have the option to minipulate the PRI like you would the PRL. I recently exctracted VZW's PRI to recode for non-proprietary GPS use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933 may interest you, may not......

Just so everyone reading knows. The above linked thread is for Verizon's Touch Pro ONLY. Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro's seem to be stuck with a roaming indicator when my PRI is applied. Pluse Verizoned devices already have non-proprietary GPS so there is no need for the files I posted.
Ha, I KNEW it was PPST.exe, like I mentioned in my post

Unfortunately, that executable cannot be found in my windows folder....wonder why not?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Ha, I KNEW it was PPST.exe, like I mentioned in my post

Unfortunately, that executable cannot be found in my windows folder....wonder why not?
sorry I must of overlooked that in your first post

I'll post it for you.. never hurts to have a copy laying around

I have found that if you put LaunchPPST.exe from the RUU into your windows folder... you will be able to update a PRI on a ROM flash thru customizations by editing your config.txt to run LaunchPPST then PPST... this way will prevent the gui requirement
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPST.zip (124.4 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
sorry I must of overlooked that in your first post

I'll post it for you.. never hurts to have a copy laying around

I have found that if you put LaunchPPST.exe from the RUU into your windows folder... you will be able to update a PRI on a ROM flash thru customizations by editing your config.txt to run LaunchPPST then PPST... this way will prevent the gui requirement
Thanks! I guess I thought this was an OEM application, as it was always available with the Mogul
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

The reason why I started this thread was because after running a rom built for telus, I like an idiot ran a pri update in the connection tab, I had never seen this before only prl and profile update buttons that come stock with sprint. At the same time I ran dcd's carrier cab for print and i had the same issue as described below. I finally got the issues resolved after going crazy for a while with sprint not being able to fix it, ended up getting it fixed myself.

My problem no which is an aftermath of this I am sure is when i attempt to use roaming I always get a verizon message saying my phone cannot be authorized. I am assuming this is because my pri is from the telus rom that i did the update from.

Now that you guys have told me how to update the pri manually were di i get it from sprint? I reflashed the stock and did the profile udpate and the prl update, manually played with settings in the ##778# and cannot get this roaming issue solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismhawk View Post
i flashed mighty rom 2.1 which has the generic rom settings, i downloaded DCD sprint carrier settings cab, and after doing all of that my internet got flaky with error 67 and 1012...

i flashed back to the stock rom of sprint, which reset my PRL as well as my radio back to 1.00 from 1.03 vrz, so i figured that it would be an all over fixing process so i can start fresh...

i checked device info and my username is no longer what it should be so i figured go into my settings using the ## code and change it...

i read through possible internet fixes but for that to work i would need my MSL to unlock the phone, i used the Get SPC for my msl, tired that number did not work, i tired the reg edit to create the log to get the MSL and its the same number, still did not work... i called into sprint and the MSl they gave me was still the same and it was not unlocking the phone...

i have not been able to find anything anywhere even by doing a search, but nothing is telling me what would change my device so that it no longer took my MSL code...

any help would be great needed, even if its to say im a noob and what i should have searched for... saying something is better then nothing

(sprint said to take the phone in and get it exchanged, but i refuse to give up with out trying everything first thats to much of a cop out)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndracing View Post
This exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I flashed Mighty's ROM and did a few other cab installs and my phone would not get data. I was able to make a call or two and then that failed. My user name had been changed as well as the number that is used to dial out...Sprint could NOT unlock it no matter what. I took it in and the rep there was very confused. Thankfully I had flashed back to Stock ROM and relocked the phone. I had spent an hour on the phone with sprint and nothing. I then took it in, told the rep there that I had phone service before the person on the phone started messing with it...he ended up giving me a new phone and I was done. Is it Mighty's ROM? I have used three of Juicy's with no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Sh*t i thought i was F'd but i just used Baffles pog and it grabbed the proper code for me, I too flash a generic, then DCD on my touch pro, My dumb asss did the PRI update from the connections tab and after that I couldn't get online, Tried editing my active profile but my MSL wouldn't rtake that i just used 3 hours prior. I too called sprint they couldn't figure it out tried the regedits and everything was givening me My old code but the Baffles app grabbed the write one now I am cooking thanks a MILLION!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks! I guess I thought this was an OEM application, as it was always available with the Mogul
Well from what I remember with my Titan and custom ROM's. The cooks always put shortcuts to ppst epst and such within the control panel or programs for easy access. I'm with you, I though it was OEM up until december when I started the GPS project.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Got the PRI Updated to 1.53_0909 from the sprint rom

Where are you guys getting the 1.57 from

Last edited by ruskiyab; 01-08-2009 at 04:45 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
pri, prl