PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

quesok1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NewBie Guide To Flashing ROM On CDMA - Sprint PCS Network - & Recommended SW

alright guys I am hoping someone can answers my questions in this thread, as I didn't get any help in the last thread I posted in. Anyways I am stuck on the first step. My first question is, how long should installing the HSPL 37 take? on the installation screen it says 10 mins, but mine gets done in less than a minute, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. My second question is, should all my custom settings be erased after updating the rom? Because after the installation finishes, my HTC pro restarts, but once it's fully loaded, everything is still intact (my wallpaer, my contacts, pics, etc..) So I am guessing I am doing something wrong here, but I can't figure out what exactly I am messing up on. I followed all the directions including the preparation instructions, but still not working. Help is highly appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor
Re: NewBie Guide To Flashing ROM On CDMA - Sprint PCS Network - & Recommended SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesok1 View Post
alright guys I am hoping someone can answers my questions in this thread, as I didn't get any help in the last thread I posted in. Anyways I am stuck on the first step. My first question is, how long should installing the HSPL 37 take? on the installation screen it says 10 mins, but mine gets done in less than a minute, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. My second question is, should all my custom settings be erased after updating the rom? Because after the installation finishes, my HTC pro restarts, but once it's fully loaded, everything is still intact (my wallpaer, my contacts, pics, etc..) So I am guessing I am doing something wrong here, but I can't figure out what exactly I am messing up on. I followed all the directions including the preparation instructions, but still not working. Help is highly appreciated, thanks.

HSPL lasts about the length of blinking the eye...that part is normal as it doesn't take long to unlock the phone at all...and unlocking the phone doesn't do anything to the setteings so they will remain there until you flash to a new ROM...so far you are doing every thing right....now just verify that they phone is unlocked and download a ROM to flash
Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pidge is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for comiling this. A friend wants to flash his phone but when I pointed him to this website, he not being a tech person was completely thrown off. Maybe this will help.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Have you ever bricked your phone doing this, & if so were you able to fix it?!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

To Egoldy,
I know you're intentions were very good, by putting this tutorial together, but you have a lot of wrong and incomplete info in there. It's understandable because you are new to this. My point is that only someone knowledgeable and experienced should be giving out this information.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-07-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

The instructions were pretty simple though, I have to say that! And remember this is the "noobs" directions,they are clear as day & should aid you in making your flash move! I just flash my phone for the first time this morning using his direction & I have too say that they are they best directions thus far that I have ever seen due to the references he put & his own trail & error! My flash went smoothly just following the simple directions though! The only thing I'm still pondering about is the radio deal! Most roms come with the radio, so why do I have to download one, & whats the best radio to download if thats the case?!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

DaBlu1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DaBlu1 Send a message via MSN to DaBlu1 Send a message via Yahoo to DaBlu1

Great job putting this together.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker

voda01 is a n00b

can anyone tell me how to check lifetimer on HTC Touch?

thank you
Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started

So my touch pro took a dump on me after 5 months, and I got a replacement from sprint. I wanted to flash this new one and I followed the instructions just like my last (2) touch pros, but this one didn't work!

When I tried to run hpsl.exe the first time, it went to the "unlocked" tricolor screen, stopped there, then the status bar started at "0 min". I looked away from the screen (and I admit I may have clicked something else - I know it says not to run anything during the update) and my computer BLUESCREENED! I thought for sure I had bricked my phone, but after a reset everything works fine. I tried to run thru the hpsl.exe again, gets to the same point (0 min on the status bar) and then it says "communication error, please press next to fix".

hpsl then tells me to remove the battery, reinstall and try again. Everytime it gos to the tricolor but then has a communication error.

Can anybody help me? The phone is basically useless to me unless I can flash to a better rom!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoldy
...50%+ Battery (this is done so that you can bring back your settings I believe and so you don’t lose anything) I’m assuming this really doesn’t matter if you don’t have anything on the phone you care about.
I have personally tried flashing with a battery at less than 50% and can tell you that it simply refuses to flash until the battery reaches the specified level. Thus, it doesn't really matter why they say not to flash with a lower charge.

As far as "bringing back settings," that's not going to be possible at all after a flash, irrespective of battery status, unless you made a backup prior to flashing. In that case, battery charge isn't really a relevant issue.

You might consider editing your initial post so nobody gets the mistaken idea they can flash a new ROM and somehow either retain or restore any settings afterward unless they did a backup beforehand.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro