PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhale83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tom Tom looks AWESOME on VGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Here you go.
If that looks great on VGA, then Garmin is AMAZING IMO.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

anybody willing to hook me up with a copy?

-Chez
Old 12-04-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
Hey there fellow TP nerds,

I've had the TP for the second day now (I've already flashed it to 4 different ROMs in less than 16 hours ) and I must say after firing up TomTom it looks unreal!

I had been worried that older apps designed on 240x320 resolution either would look like crap or would only render at that resolution, leaving a gap of black screen. Much to my surprise, TomTom looks REALLY good. In fact, I've never seen it on a screen above a small resolution. If you don't have it, get it. It's worth it for sure.

I've noticed with other apps too that many I thought wouldn't work are working just fine. I guess I should have more faith in the developers

EDIT - It seems I've opened a can of worms with the Loquendo TTS Statement. Here are the facts about TTS and TTN7, good and bad:

*I use a Tom Tom One LE that has been hacked with LoquendoTTS to provide Text to Speech. I made it sound as if I have it running on TTN right now, which isn't the case. I apologize for getting your hopes up. That being said, not all hope is lost by any means.

*There are some out there saying that they have TTS on their TTN7, but this is debated for a couple reasons. First is because the Loquendo folder and files that you can get off of the interwebz are meant for TomTom devices that are running LINUX. Until we get that folder in a workable format for the Navigator folder to recognize, I'm afraid it will be difficult. I'm working on several options to see if I cant get it to work with all of my background working with Tom Tom.

* I have read that the PPC version of TTN's executable actually makes reference to Loquendo at some point, which leads me to believe that it can be done.

*The iGo8 uses a version of LoquendoTTS in their software. SO...the very thing we need resides within there. If we can get TTN to recognize the loquendoTTS folder and see a "computer voice" in the voices section, we'll be in business.

*TT v7 maps come with TTS built into them, it simply takes an engine to decode this information. The "Engine" is LoquendoTTS or VocalizerTTS. We need to figure out how to adapt either of these from a Linux architecture to Windows architecture.

*As a consolation prize, I'm going to hopelessly devote my life to getting this to work

Wow if you could do that it would be great. thanks again in advance
Old 12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jkobe is a n00b

Where can I find a copy of Tomtom 7 for my Touch Pro? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jdbyrd is a n00b

^ ditto, or is the sprint navigation free with the everything plan from sprint? Another thing, is the 9.99 charge a one time thing or monthly charge? if it's just a one time thing I think I can stand it...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:32 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

For the dude that said he doesn't use sprint nav...coz he can't get a call, that is Wrong and Yes you can get a phone call while you are navigating and continue to navigate. Period.
As someone said, teh whole map gets dowloaded upon request for direction, even in no cell area or if you make just a slight wrong turn or move it can reroute you without teh need to connect to data again.
I am a Mapquest navigator 5.0 user or at least was in my Mogul and that thing was amazing on the Mogul plus it is 50 bucks a year.
Mapquest claim they are releasing a TP version next monday.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:56 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Check out my thread. I think you'll find it worth your time.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49612

Old 12-20-2008, 03:56 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

looked cool but couldnt get my maps from tt6 to go to tt7 maybe i just dont know what im doing.....yup thats it.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, xv6800,xv6700
Carrier: vzw

ocbones is a n00b

i believe you will need newer maps v720 and up! is it just me or is tomtom 7 really laggy on the Graphics department any fixes for this im running ver 7.450
Old 12-21-2008, 05:18 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbones View Post
i believe you will need newer maps v720 and up! is it just me or is tomtom 7 really laggy on the Graphics department any fixes for this im running ver 7.450
Check my thread 2 posts above. VGA version of the app (v7.9) is posted there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro