PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP

Yall just got to keep calling. I just used the same script every time after a while.

Me: Hi, do you have experience with visual voicemail?
Then: Yes = continue No = Hang up
Me: Okay, here is the deal. I have purchased 6 Touch pros for my company (make one up) and I have successfully installed visual voicemail on each device. It is a hastle though because on your end you must manually provision the account for visual voicemail... your drop down menu system will simply be grayed out and most reps arent familiar with manual provision, Do you know how to manually provision accounts?
Them: Yes = Great then lets give this a shot. I have the cab installed and ready to go, you set up the account and let me know when you are done and hopefully everything goes through. No = No worries friend, I will try someone else. (DO NOT LET THEM TRANSFER YOU TO A MANAGER! They are not allowed to even discuss this anymore).

Wait for them to do their thing... click the program... boom, visual voicemail. Good luck folks.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 01-15-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to clarify somethings for topic to save some customers and reps some headache/heartache and so forth.

If someone is wondering. Yes Visual Voicemail can be manually provisioned for your account to start working with the cab that has already been provided. However this FOR MOST accounts will only work for 1 month time or less. (I say most cause there are areas where it will work all year)

The system that is being used directly provisions a persons phone. So heres a brief description (this also applies to nearly all cdma carriers aswell)

You have your Billing system: This controls how Verizon, Sprint, ect. Bill your account for the features you use (whether they are free or not) Which is normally determined by a special team (marketing or similar). They decide which feature when approved for use can go on which phone which is why some phones can only have some features and other phones can have more (same goes for price plans like why some phones can work on older priceplans and some cannot.)

You have your Switch application system: This controls the switch for all areas which actually controls the direct features that operate your phones. With this a person my have a feature in billing but if its not set in the switch application it wont work anyways (which is the reps job to correct when you call in sometimes) And visa versa. If the switch application has a feature turned on but its not in billing. It will work on your phone and you wont technically get billed for it. (which if misused can get a rep directly fired, fined, and even jailed)

Finally you have your switch: This is the actually machine designed for your area that controls your phone. If that switch goes down or is backed up. your phone stops working (which is where the Network team would come in.) In every area the switch is generally the same though some have DISTINCT features only to that area (like one switch may reset everyday while the other resets every month or even every year)

As with a previous post mentioned before a Rep explained that the feature would not work even if they set it in the switch application manually. This is TRUE because when the switch's refresh they refresh and take commands from the switch application, which in turn refreshes and takes commands from the billing system. The Billing system is the controlling factor in the end and will reset the switch app. in return will reset the switch which will reset your phone. (which is why some problems people have with there phones seem to "disappear or fixes itself" after sometime.)

So you may have working Visual Voicemail for a 2 weeks or a month but it WILL eventually reset.

Now there is a reason why this feature hasnt been implemented on the touch pro for Verizon wireless or sprint (which I personally do NOT know why) but whatever the reason they feel that its not ready for consumer use and that they dont even WANT to charge you for it in fear that you will just remove the feature or exchange phones. Not that I dont think its cool but I do feel there is a reason there not charging millions of users 2.99 for the visual voicemail service when they can easily implement the change.

So think about this before you give hard working reps hard times or potentially get a rep fired OR your account blackballed (for some that havent guessed or dont know if you ask suspicious or imposing questions that directly effect your agreement with a carrier they have the right to inform to NOT do that for you such as calling back asking for credits EVERY month).

I tell you this again to save headache/heartache from everyone in the future.

Hope this Helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vaelon is a n00b

if anybody is still following this thread, could someone that currently has had verizon manually provision this to their account, could you private message me your #. Long story short, finally got on with a tech, and he wants to be able to pull up the account that has it provisioned to see how it was done.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

cccoltsicehockey is just getting started

any updates. I am sick of my phone always starting me off listening to my old voicemail even though I press 1 for new only.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tasteItheIvalue is a n00b

I spoke with a rep yesterday, and was told to be patient... They are currently working on getting the visual voicemail to work on the TP's. I was told to call back in 1-2 weeks...
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

bretthays is a n00b

Any updates on this? I would like to try it out.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

cccoltsicehockey is just getting started

So the Diamond now comes with the ability for Visual Voicemail so it should easily work on the TP as well but I have called 5 times and each time everyone tried telling me that it is not compatible with the TP which is a joke.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro XV6850, XV6800

thecolter is a n00b

any updates on this?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

bretthays is a n00b

What's the latest? Is this available for the TouchPro yet?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Threadstarter

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here's the update. I am the one that started this thread and I still have Visual Voicemail working. If you want, PM me and I will give you my number to let the tech look at my account to see how it's setup. It does work. And I have had no issues with it.

If I have helped you in anyway, please click Thank You.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro