PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help, cannot control volume with keys

Thanks for the update on the issue dealing with the skins and S2U2 vol control.

And for that you have your "First Thanks"
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

lalord69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifferman99 View Post
ok, found the culprit - if you're using the default windows mobile dialer skin (the one with the green/red buttons on screen) - your volume control won't change as you press the volume buttons when on a call, whether you're using your speakerphone or your earpiece. BUT ~~> when/if you're using the HTC dialer skin (the one with the white buttons and the big red "end" button that most of you fine people are probably using 'cause that's how the touch pro comes stock), then you have no problem with changing the volume as needed while on a call with the appropriate side buttons.
BTW, if you want to try and switch to the default windows mobile dialer skin I was referring to (which I think is more useful, but that doesn't matter now 'cause the volume buttons don't work with it), you can go to:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Security / Phone / Skin'
change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0.
soft reset

The funny thing is, the HTC dialer skin in fact takes a bit more memory than the windows mobile skin, so if you grow fund of the default windows mobile skin, you will actually save some memory while you're at it...
that was a good try but no, it was a no go, when i did it i lost my dialer, the dialer was just plain white, no letters or numbers... thanks though...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i had a feeling that it was the default winmo skin. my bluetooth icon wouldnt show up anymore on the top status bar and volume doesnt work so i just decided to switch back to the diamond skin. its not like im craving for more ram, plus it looks prettier anyways.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wizkidd04 is a n00b
Smile Re: help, cannot control volume with keys

THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM:

If you are a fan of WM dialer but don't like the fact that you cannot change the volume during a call, this CAB by HallengreeN replaces the HTC volume control for the WM default volume control, which will allow changing volume during call.

http://www.4shared.com/file/73168996...llengreeN.html

try this...this solved my problems it not only replaces the HTC volume control but it installs a different one that works and is more functional.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

One problem I found is that the Bluetooth icon goes away after installing the HallengreeN cab.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifferman99 View Post
ok, found the culprit - if you're using the default windows mobile dialer skin (the one with the green/red buttons on screen) - your volume control won't change as you press the volume buttons when on a call, whether you're using your speakerphone or your earpiece. BUT ~~> when/if you're using the HTC dialer skin (the one with the white buttons and the big red "end" button that most of you fine people are probably using 'cause that's how the touch pro comes stock), then you have no problem with changing the volume as needed while on a call with the appropriate side buttons.
BTW, if you want to try and switch to the default windows mobile dialer skin I was referring to (which I think is more useful, but that doesn't matter now 'cause the volume buttons don't work with it), you can go to:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Security / Phone / Skin'
change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0.
soft reset

The funny thing is, the HTC dialer skin in fact takes a bit more memory than the windows mobile skin, so if you grow fund of the default windows mobile skin, you will actually save some memory while you're at it...
Arhhhgghgghh... just when i was growing fond of the WM dialer..the side volume keys is not working with it EXCEPT when u adjust PRE-CALL I believe. Sniff.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkidd04 View Post
THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM:

If you are a fan of WM dialer but don't like the fact that you cannot change the volume during a call, this CAB by HallengreeN replaces the HTC volume control for the WM default volume control, which will allow changing volume during call.

http://www.4shared.com/file/73168996...llengreeN.html

try this...this solved my problems it not only replaces the HTC volume control but it installs a different one that works and is more functional.
Not as good looking as the standard HTC ringer interface (black & white bar control) but does exactly what it supposed to.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

gregbridwell is a n00b

I like the winmo dialer and the hallengreen cab did fix my volume problem BUT:
1) My bluetooth icon disappears
2) The beep when you do adjust volume while in a call is SOOOOO irritating
3) I like to use the "vibarate when connected" option and this gets disabled with the winmo dialer too.

If those 3 things were addressed via regedit or new cab then I'd be happy using the winmo dialer because it does seem to improve memory usage by about 10%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro