PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Use light sensor to turn screen off while on call

How can I make the backlight stay on or dim when I am in a call? I tried having the call guard off, but the backlight still turns off. I hate having to press the power button to see the screen. Any ideas?

I would like to keep the backlight level auto adjusted and keep the backlight on only when I am on a call.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Well, the TP only has a light sensor, not a proximity sensor. That would be the first problem I could think of using the light sensor to turn off and on the phone b/c in very lighted or very dark situations, It would be hard to detect your face just using light.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

works for me with default dialer, I made some sort of reg edit, could be pocket shield, could be a lot of things, I really modded the hell out of my device, not intending tests.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: SPRINT

adamlee is a n00b

maybe this has been said and this apears to be an old thread. i hear the tp2 does it but with a proximity sensor of some kind. i use s2u2 on my tp and mogul and set "blank screen on talk" you can get this program free and use one or more features of it. (many cool features for just a locker.)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC FUZE
Carrier: T-Mobile

KaiHong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amart79196 View Post
it is supposed to turn off while against your face, then turn back on when you take it away from your face.

Seems like one of those options that sprint may have messed up. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Actually, won't doing that drain the battery faster? It'll have to check quite often(2-5 secs) to detect that...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro