PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Hard Reseting VZW Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Now the Clear Storage only does the phone and not the SD Card right?

Yes..
Old 11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

To properly in power off state, you need to hold the power button for a few second and the dialog window will popup and ask you if you need to power it down, click yes and the phone will fully power down and then perform the hard reset procedure and it should work then.

Jeff
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I feel its good practice to remove the SD card anyway. You never know what VZW did to the phones!!

Seriously though, I remove mine just in case it decide the SD card is internal memory. Just my paranoia at work.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Now the Clear Storage only does the phone and not the SD Card right?

As stated above, yes. And I can confirm this. I've done it twice on my VZW Touch Pro with no loss on the SD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffH70 View Post
To properly in power off state, you need to hold the power button for a few second and the dialog window will popup and ask you if you need to power it down, click yes and the phone will fully power down and then perform the hard reset procedure and it should work then.

Jeff
I still can't get it to hard reset that way. Just tried. Thanks for the info though, didn't realize I could actually shut down the device. Nice feature.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can't do it through the harware either. I will just stick with the software way. Is there a difference between the two? Do one do more than the other?
Old 11-27-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have gone to Settings>System but no clear storage. And it's nowhere to be found anywhere else.
It is there. I used it recently.

What I couldn't do is a hard reset.

What I came across a few times by accident and not sure of exactly how to replicate it but i think was holdin the power button and the reset buttton, get me to some security unlock screen.

Last edited by smilepak; 11-27-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started

Here are the instructions from the user manual. I have not been able to get them to work yet:

To perform a hard reset
1. Turn off the power.
2. Press and hold the ENTER key, and then press the POWER key.
3. Release the POWER key, but continue pressing the ENTER key until you see the following message on
the screen:
This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
4. Release the ENTER key, then press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other
button to cancel the reset.

Last edited by Kalnel; 11-27-2008 at 04:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
Here are the instructions from the user manual. I have not been able to get them to work yet:

To perform a hard reset
1. Turn off the power.
2. Press and hold the ENTER key, and then press the POWER key.
3. Release the POWER key, but continue pressing the ENTER key until you see the following message on
the screen:
This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
4. Release the ENTER key, then press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other
button to cancel the reset.
I can confirm that these instructions work on the VZW TP. That has to be the easiest Hard Reset I've ever seen.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I can confirm that these instructions work on the VZW TP. That has to be the easiest Hard Reset I've ever seen.
Can you elaborate on exactly what you're doing, because I can get this to work at all? Here's what I'm doing:

1. Pressing the power button until I get the warning about turning the power off, then...

2. Pressing and holding the "enter" key on the keyboard

3. As I'm holidng the "enter" key, I press the power button again.

At that point, even though I'm still holding the enter button, it boots as normal.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks, kal
Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Certainly. First, you didn't state that you're actually turning off the power. You said you get the message about the warning and then you continue to step 2. The phone has to shut down.

The "enter" key they're referring to, is the center of the D-Pad. I made the same mistake you did yesterday, then I found a diagram which depicts the circle as the "enter" key as well. So, make sure it actually shuts off, then use the D-Pad circle. I got the message immediately after pressing the power button while holding the D-Pad.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro