PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VERIZON Touch Pro Pics

whats the topic really... how awesome the vzw tp is? or not awesome?

this phone is terrible. i went to the vzw store the other day to play with it, just out of curiosity. the up arrow really is retarded. i'm sorry, but if you're not making errors on it, you're either typing as slow as my unamericanized greek father would, or you're god. i'm gonna go with the speed typing, or lack of... i type like 100+ wpm on a computer, so i know that i know where the keys are located, and i wrote an entire paper about cultural differences on my tp while in traffic coming out of nyc, but the vzw keyboard? yeah, i would throw that thing into a brick wall after a while i think. they really ****ed up.

and while all the vzw customers talk about customer service being superior to sprint, blah blah blah... think of it this way. by not including the little things like a true qwerty keyboard, or an sd card, or limiting the memory of the device, or not including headphones, screen protector, etc... did they do you a service? do you feel serviced holding a subpar device? because i sure as hell wouldn't feel like i've experienced top notch customer service. personally, i would feel pretty jipped. i definitely wouldn't be happy with my purchase, nor my 2 year contract. so to you vzw fanboys, enjoy your service.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

flame on... i guess there aren't enough VZW TP flame threads. Exiled? Hereis another for you...
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
this phone is terrible. i went to the vzw store the other day to play with it, just out of curiosity. the up arrow really is retarded. .
Give me a break, this phone is not 1/2 as bad as people are making it out to be.

I have a sprint TP activated on verizon, but I'm sure I could be 100% happy with the vz model if I had to.... I don't really see what the point was in changing the KB layout, but I'm sure I could get used to it in about 1/2 hour of typing & to me anyway the larger KB buttons of the vz model are an improvement IMHO.........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

the outer casing looks nice and I do like the vzw touchflo 3d...uhm...larger keyboard is a plus...but that's about it =/
but vzw users shouldn't suffer though because its a good thing vzw is getting a phone like this. But it is possible that they are hyping the blackberry storm and the samsung omnia and not TP...its possible, right?
Old 11-28-2008, 05:16 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

even sprint isn't hyping the diamond or pro, they are too busy running commercials for the rant. thats all i see on tv. they never hype the "right" phones, but i guess these phones sell themselves because its people like us who are buying them.... as opposed to people are are actually affected by advertising, who end up buying something like the rant instead.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3G

grull27 is a n00b

Wow, that version of the Touch Pro is hot! I love it! The best looking one is the Fuze but this one sure looks great.

Now the Sprint one is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Sprint completely ruined the look of the phone. The look of the Sprint Touch Pro is ing.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grull27 View Post
Wow, that version of the Touch Pro is hot! I love it! The best looking one is the Fuze but this one sure looks great.

Now the Sprint one is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Sprint completely ruined the look of the phone. The look of the Sprint Touch Pro is ing.
You have to be the first person I've met that truly prefers the VZW style over GSM and Sprint's
Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Lurker

grull27 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You have to be the first person I've met that truly prefers the VZW style over GSM and Sprint's
I think there's a misunderstanding.

My favorite is the unlocked GSM. 2nd is Fuze. 3rd is Verizon.

I can't stand the Sprint one. It is so ugly. The silver curved back is ugly. The curved edges are weird. The chrome bezel is too ugly for life. I just can't stand the whole thing all together.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grull27 View Post
I think there's a misunderstanding.

My favorite is the unlocked GSM. 2nd is Fuze. 3rd is Verizon.

I can't stand the Sprint one. It is so ugly. The silver curved back is ugly. The curved edges are weird. The chrome bezel is too ugly for life. I just can't stand the whole thing all together.
Oh I see now. Sorry.

But the GSM and Fuze are practically the same. Only difference is the rubberized battery cover!

Nonetheless, I agree with you. Except the Sprint version is much MUCH more appealing than VZW. I agree, the chrome could have been black stainless steel like the GSM edition, but I'm just happy we have it!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Lurker

grull27 is a n00b

^ Yeah, that's true. We're lucky we got the Touch Pro on 3 U.S. carriers before 2009.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro