PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ppc6700freak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ppc6700freak Send a message via Yahoo to ppc6700freak
Palringo seems to pervents suspend mode

Is anyone else having issues with Palringo preventing the device from auto suspending? When I get a message I push the power button, respond to the message, put the device down, 30 seconds later the display dims but the display never turns off (suspend mode). I can press the power button to activated suspend mode, but it wont do it on it's own. Now, If I shut down Palringo, set the device down 30 sec later screen dims, 1 minute later display shuts off. I do not recall this behavior with my 6800...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Palringo seems to pervents suspend mode

I haven't used Palringo on the Touch Pro yet... I've been pretty content with the Oz Messaging client builtin to the phone.

That said, check in the options to enable the Power Save mode if it's not already, and beyond that you might want to double-check on the Palringo forums if there are any known issues with the Touch Pro. (Make sure you've installed the latest release while you're there too, that may fix any glitches.)
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

ppc6700freak is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ppc6700freak Send a message via Yahoo to ppc6700freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I haven't used Palringo on the Touch Pro yet... I've been pretty content with the Oz Messaging client builtin to the phone.

That said, check in the options to enable the Power Save mode if it's not already, and beyond that you might want to double-check on the Palringo forums if there are any known issues with the Touch Pro. (Make sure you've installed the latest release while you're there too, that may fix any glitches.)
Thanks for the response, I am the second one to report this on the Palringo forum http://forum.palringo.com/showthread.php?t=1724
I am running the latest and greatest Palringo. I have tried with the power saving option checked and unchecked, no joy.....
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc6700freak View Post
Thanks for the response, I am the second one to report this on the Palringo forum http://forum.palringo.com/showthread.php?t=1724
I am running the latest and greatest Palringo. I have tried with the power saving option checked and unchecked, no joy.....
Both the forums point to the other..... lol ....

Here is the response on the Palringo forum....

This is due to the Palringo Local, if you disable it or set your location manually then your phone should go into standby as normal. I am told an update is in the works. Hopefully it will be out in the next couple of weeks. Sam Admin
Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

can someone post a cab of the latest palringo?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
can someone post a cab of the latest palringo?
This was downloaded a couple of days ago. Really cool program.
Attached Files
File Type: zip palringo.CAB.zip (671.0 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm testing Palringo again to see the impact it has on battery while idle in the background. BeejiveIM works a bit better than Palringo but really kills the battery if left running.

Edit: Yeah, getting the same no-standby issues you are... so far though, it really has almost no effect on battery life - really good to see.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 01-28-2009 at 06:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro