PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

finberg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stupid Annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
after investigating and talking to other members there is another hack which i think is causing this ... did u activate the hack to prevent the screen from turning on when sliding out the keyboard on the touch pro?

this is what we think is causing it
Nope. However, I did just try a regedit I saw in another thread for a problem with SPB backup (changing HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\ShowTitleBarClock). I changed the value from 0 to 2, soft reset, and found that I didn't have a battery indicator. Changed the value back to 0, soft reset, and now the keyboard is not auto-popping the dialer. Not sure why that would fix it, but it seemed to.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Biggest annoyance?

When i rotate the screen, a random but already running program pops up. It does it in opera mobile with the gsensor taking over. IT IS SOOO FRUSTRATING TO SLIDE OUT THE KEYBOARD TO TEXT SOMEONE AND YOU START DIALING A NUMBER!

Also, does anyone know how to cut off the gsensor? Since i havent seen any help in deactivating it in opera mobile, i was hoping to see it off altogether. I only use it with klaxon and a few games.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finberg View Post
Nope. However, I did just try a regedit I saw in another thread for a problem with SPB backup (changing HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\ShowTitleBarClock). I changed the value from 0 to 2, soft reset, and found that I didn't have a battery indicator. Changed the value back to 0, soft reset, and now the keyboard is not auto-popping the dialer. Not sure why that would fix it, but it seemed to.
but u said u dont have any spb products installed... hmmmm

disable auto-wakeup when keyboard is opened.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset

and u never did this hack above...

dam now i am back to the drawing board...haha
Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i disabled the hack above( disable auto-wakeup when keyboard is opened) and it seems the annoyance of the dial pad popping up has gone away ... can anyone else also confirm this?

I STILL HAVE THE ISSUE EVEN WHEN I GOT RID OF THIS KEY ...

i am not sure what is making this happen.... i am back to thinking that its the icons on taskbar ..?

Last edited by itouch24; 11-24-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

daijizai is a n00b

I have no hacks in place, and no third-party apps. This dialer thing happens for me sometimes too. Stock TP ROM, not Sprint/etc...

It seems that the manila based screen jumps are what are doing it for me. They seem to leave input at the app below the current - sometimes. I wait about 3 seconds before I start typing, and it happens much less frequent. Still would love a fix... Anyone had this happen in custom cooked ROMs?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

osyrus is just getting started

My virtual keyboard won't work and only displays numbers and not letters.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finberg View Post

trying this now....
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyrus View Post
My virtual keyboard won't work and only displays numbers and not letters.
What hacks (if any) have you done? This happened to me too. I think it was when i had deactivated keyboard auto pop up. once I removed that hack I THINK it was fine, but I can't remember as I have hacked and flashed the crap out of my phone the last couple of days.

Also do any of you guys have problems with the virtual keyboard changing the keyboard type randomly? and swithching back to ABC mode form t9 randomly and whenever you use the keyboard? I hate that its so frustrating!

Last edited by princem131; 11-24-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Yeah, it isn't anything to do with texting, any change to portrait/landscape makes dialer come up. I don't have SPB **** installed, I don't have reg hacks to keep phone off when opening KB. A soft reset fixes it for a few days.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

My dialer only came up when I had an old version of phonealarm installed. Are you using it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro