PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No internet on pro

Listen...there really is a data outage across the country but it only affects new phone activations. I just got my tp replacement from best buy tonight and now I don't have data

The phone I walked in with had data working fine because it was activated back on the 1st when they weren't having problems.

Sprint's issue is that when you try to update your profile it is getting your username and password and saying it's wrong. They are aware of the issues and have been working on it for the past few days. No ETA yet. This really sux cause I just got my replacement hours ago and have been trying everything to get it to work but it WILL NOT happen until sprint fixes their crap.

The process to fix (once sprint fixes) is to:

##3282#
edit
enter msl
make sure username is correct (whatever@sprintpcs.com)
put the password to the above username in the AAA shared secret
Update values (hitting ok) and then it will soft reset.
After soft reset go back to ##data# ...blah..enter msl..blah...
Then hit menu--> restore
Then after another soft reset it should work or you may have to go to start>settings>update profile

Again, this fix will not work until sprint resolves their issues. Keep trying it though... maybe tomorrow it will work.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deanb1234 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Listen...there really is a data outage across the country but it only affects new phone activations. I just got my tp replacement from best buy tonight and now I don't have data

The phone I walked in with had data working fine because it was activated back on the 1st when they weren't having problems.

Sprint's issue is that when you try to update your profile it is getting your username and password and saying it's wrong. They are aware of the issues and have been working on it for the past few days. No ETA yet. This really sux cause I just got my replacement hours ago and have been trying everything to get it to work but it WILL NOT happen until sprint fixes their crap.

##3282#
edit
enter msl
Then hit menu--> restore
Then after another soft reset it should work or you may have to go to start>settings>update profile
I was experiencing the same problem, I got my replacement from Best Buy tonight as well and spent about 2 hours on the phone with a girl from sprint that didn't mention an outage, she didn't know how to fix it though. Conveniently we got disconnected and I called back and talked to a guy that had me do nothing and in less then 5 minutes my data was working and it correctly updated my profile in ##3282#. He stated that there is a flag that this model phone is not receiving, and it is pretty random as to who it happens to, but he supposedly set the flag and all is well, so not all of the sprint employees are aware of this, he said that was not the standard protocol that they are supposed to follow but it works every time and very quickly.

Just now I am having wifi issues but that is in another thread
Old 11-15-2008, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Man i wish you had more details on this flag....
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch Pro

deanb1234 is a n00b

I do to, I asked what it was but he wasn't very forthcoming with the details, said it was just something server side.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:00 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:

##3282#
edit
enter msl
Then hit menu--> restore

Again, this fix will not work until sprint resolves their issues. Keep trying it though... maybe tomorrow it will work.
This is the fix i used.....the only difference is when I got my phone initially I saved the HA shared secret value (which btw is secret)......and the AAA shared secret....but the value for that is not your password....or at least mine was not......and last but not least the Active Profile value needs to be 1....
Old 11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

do you have your primary and secondary ha server ip addresses? What about the home ip address...mine is all 0's
Old 11-16-2008, 05:20 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
do you have your primary and secondary ha server ip addresses? What about the home ip address...mine is all 0's
I have primary and secondary but home is all zero's also
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I've tried everything..still can't get mine to work. I don't think sprint knows what they're doing. Spent over 5 hours off and on the phone with them over the past few days. Spoke with at least 6 different people. All of them keep having me make changes in the ##DATA# and ##PST# screens and most of them are telling me to put in the wrong crap. Then they give up and tell me it is the 'data outage' that they are having which won't let it work.

I've tried to do it myself entering the proper data but it just won't update my profile. Off to a repair store today to laugh at what they try...... sigh

UPDATE:

I tried it one last time before leaving for the repair store and it finally updated my profile. Sprint must have just fixed their problems because I didn't nothing differet. This time it just worked.

Last edited by houdini; 11-16-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sandiegodude is just getting started

I had the same problem.
I had to edit the setup via msl and change a parameter- M ip- user account from 0 to 1.
Reset and all is well.
Best of luck guys.
P.S. the rep on the phone mentioned a wide outage, but for some reason it did not affect me.
He also mentioned that a lot of TP users needed to change this setting in order for the internet to connect to powervision.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro