PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working Flashlight App?

Something must have been wrong with the install. I removed then reinstalled htroch, assigned it to the long press up volume and it works like a charm!

Thanks everyone.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bonzai is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
... assigned it to the long press up volume and it works like a charm!
How do you get to assign those buttons? When I go to Setting -> Buttons it only has one listing for Hold+Send.

Ugh ... learning curves.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i been wanting to ask for awhile now. theres a program called htorch and torchbutton. whats the difference? according to the description on xda htorch's code is based offa torchbutton but i dont know whats the difference between the 2.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
i been wanting to ask for awhile now. theres a program called htorch and torchbutton. whats the difference? according to the description on xda htorch's code is based offa torchbutton but i dont know whats the difference between the 2.
Far as I can tell, htorch just provides you with a few more options, like mapping hard buttons to functions. It does require .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to run. I didn't feel like installing this so I stuck with torch button...
Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

andreevans903 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to andreevans903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideman7 View Post
I like this one. I just put the two icons in my programs screen, and then you can just press the button to turn it on, and press again to shut off.
great app luv it
Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
How do you get to assign those buttons? When I go to Setting -> Buttons it only has one listing for Hold+Send.

Ugh ... learning curves.
I use AE button plus. It was designed for the Mogul so it's not 100% but it works...

I set the send key so when I hold it it turns my BT on and off and the volume up key when I hold it turns on htorch. That's all I've messed with so far... and no problems! The cab is attached below...
Attached Files
File Type: zip AEBPlus.zip (159.3 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Actually AE Button Plus was out well before the Mogul was released. Anyone interested in AE, check out my sig for setup options.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 and HTC HERO...TECHNO JUNKIE!!!

STILLSPRINTIN is just getting started

I downloaded the htourch app and installed on my touch pro. I went to it and it said that "the application requires a new verson of microsoft .net compact." I don't understand, can someone please help. I thought the pro came equipped with the necessary tools to run this app. Some please guide me in the rite direction! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by STILLSPRINTIN; 11-13-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

Quote:
I downloaded the htourch app and installed on my touch pro. I went to it and it said that "the application requires a new verson of microsoft .net compact." I don't understand, can someone please help. I thought the pro came equipped with the necessary tools to run this app. Some please guide me in the rite direction! Thanks in advance!!
you need .net framework 3.5
unzip the attached file, transfer it to your phone and install the .cab file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.zip (2.57 MB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

hTorch is a great app and works almost flawless with the Sprint Touch Pro, Here is version history and link from over at xda. I have this mapped with AEButton and both are a great combo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440405
Quote:
v3.1:
  • Fixed several minor bugs
  • Fixed one huge bug preventing the device from standby even after hTorch was already closed.
  • Added a special error handling in case a user terminated hTorch instead of using the quit-button.
v3.0 (unreleased private beta):

• Source again completely rewritten. I'm now using the TorchButtonLib v1.0 to control the LED. Which now also means that hTorch and TorchButton can be installed at the same time.
  • Action button mapped with LED on/off function.
  • "UP"-button mapped with LED bright on/off function.
  • "DOWN"-button mapped with build-in display off function (display can be turned on using the power button).
  • Changed right softkey to menu with sub menu items: "Quit", "Bright LED On/Off", "Display Off", "About".
  • Changed normal LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
  • Added bright LED on/off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
  • Added display off button. (Artwork was done by obsidian73 - Thank You!)
  • Changed the program window not to maximize (so that now the status bar is visible).
  • Added function to prevent ideling into standby (AndyZap - Once again thank you for your help!)
v2.2:
  • Updated TorchButton to v1.2 which enlarged the maximum timeout from 300 seconds to 86400 seconds (a day) - Thank you NetRipper!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 11-17-2008 at 02:43 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro