PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Video Out cable now shipping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzilla View Post
if you cannot make this cable for $4 or less you need to change careers. At the quantities they produce these cables and distribute them I guarantee you are wrong. But hey you have been doing this for 10 years so if it makes you feel better to think you are right who am i to stop you?
I don't care how much the cable costs to make. i made my own at no cost and I'm quite happy with it. HOWEVER where do you get off telling this guy what he does or does not know about his biz. Unless you have experiance making cables or owning a cable manufacturing business I would strongly say an apology is in order.
Completely different note. Those .15 cent car chargers and the 2 dollar componet video cables are just that. Cheap in price and cheap in quality. There is a reason I have around 500 bucks in wire behind my audio/video rack. Quality is important to some. Now that said, 32 dollars for a video out cable isn't rediculous unless it's poor quality. and to the guy that says they aren't shielded.. Really? heh
Old 11-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
I don't care how much the cable costs to make. i made my own at no cost and I'm quite happy with it. HOWEVER where do you get off telling this guy what he does or does not know about his biz. Unless you have experiance making cables or owning a cable manufacturing business I would strongly say an apology is in order.
Completely different note. Those .15 cent car chargers and the 2 dollar componet video cables are just that. Cheap in price and cheap in quality. There is a reason I have around 500 bucks in wire behind my audio/video rack. Quality is important to some. Now that said, 32 dollars for a video out cable isn't rediculous unless it's poor quality. and to the guy that says they aren't shielded.. Really? heh
I thought that apology part is ridiculous. Come on now. Everything said on the internet must be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not calling him a liar, but those who choose to not believe have a right to.

You say some care about quality over cheap stuff. Reasonably priced do not mean poor quality by any means. Monster for example are usually the most expensive brand that many stores carry. There are many optical cables, large gauge power cables, VGA, component cables, etc which costs a fraction of the Monster brand name will preform exactly the same.

Last edited by esqueue; 11-13-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I thought that apology part is ridiculous. Come on now. Everything said on the internet must be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not calling him a liar, but those who choose to not believe have a right to.

You say some care about quality over cheap stuff. Reasonably priced do not mean poor quality by any means. Monster for example are usually the most expensive brand that many stores carry. There are many optical cables, large gauge power cables, VGA, component cables, etc which costs a fraction of the Monster brand name will preform exactly the same.
Keep thinking that. And Monster is quite mediocre in the realm of cables. I suppose next you'll tell me that I should have stuck with Audiovox over my Marantz receiver.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Same here for November 24th. I cant be too bitter as i only ordered mine last Friday. I tired to find it on other places , but a no go
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
Keep thinking that. And Monster is quite mediocre in the realm of cables. I suppose next you'll tell me that I should have stuck with Audiovox over my Marantz receiver.
I don't think he meant to compare Audiovox with Marantz. But, for the cable we are discussing here, no matter what the quality of the cable is, the quality of the video output is pathetic! Again, Monster is horrible compared to the same gauge generic brand cable from monoprice.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

wheelsun is a n00b

would this work with the sprint navigation by any chance?

thanks for any input
Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Same here for November 24th. I cant be too bitter as i only ordered mine last Friday. I tired to find it on other places , but a no go
Same here, got an email from Expansys saying back ordered until Nov 24th.
Hard to believe no one else has this cable, oh well...Patience brings vertue.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

My video out cable from Expansys came in today finally. Played a few items on the big screen. When first plugged in it gives you those four options of Youtube, Power Point, Internet, and Photos and Videos.. Closing thats out brings you to the landscape mode of the phone. It was kind of funny to play Teeter on a large TV. Overall cool feature and I can now keep all of my kid's videos on the phone when we go camping and I can plug it into the camper TV. Nice to have the USB plug on the side as well to charge up the phone while using the TV Out.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

clsmooth1974 is a n00b

i received my tv out cable today and i must say that i am glad that i decided to purchase this item. It works very well with all applications, and yes the sprint navigation is functional. I can validate that the Sprintv does not work at all with the tv out cable. It shows the main screen for sprintv but quickly dissapears. If someone has a way to get that to work it would be greatly appreciated. I used the cable on my TV and also in my car on my jensen touch screen monitor at it works like a charm.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

clsmooth1974 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw22 View Post
Did anyone notice in the sprint manual it says:
The Video Out feature cannot be used with Sprint TV”
Has anyone verified if this is really true?
I was unable to get this to work for sprintv. On everything else it kicks butt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro