PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: SPB Backup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
When you say that you use it before a flash, does that mean that you can use SPB to store all the information on your phone, then do a ROM flash to say place the stock ROM in place of the sprint version, but still retain all of your programs and registry edits?
No, bad mojo. Never do that. I do a full backup, but I restore only text messages, PIM data, My Documents, and a couple of hand-picked folders (such as Favorites). I still have to reinstall my apps, but that's not too big a problem, especially with Sashimi.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
No, bad mojo. Never do that. I do a full backup, but I restore only text messages, PIM data, My Documents, and a couple of hand-picked folders (such as Favorites). I still have to reinstall my apps, but that's not too big a problem, especially with Sashimi.
Sashimi ftw.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Sashimi ftw.
ok ok, now the 2 of you have aroused my curiosity... what is this sashimi you speak of? meanwhile, i'm goin searchin.

Edit: So apparently the dev is banned from xda? found a thread on it but its not there. Found more info on it at wmexperts.com or something like that, but i guess i gotta join to be able to get it, and i can't seem to find it hosted here anywhere. I shall continue my search but if someone could lend a hand I'd appreciate it.

Edit #2: Joined and still can't seem to get it! lol, its frustrating me!
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-10-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Sounds like the initial post was edited in some way and the account's been locked down until they can figure out if it was hacked or purposeful...
Old 11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Sounds like the initial post was edited in some way and the account's been locked down until they can figure out if it was hacked or purposeful...
interesting. hope it goes back up. none the less i've found it.

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-10-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
ok ok, now the 2 of you have aroused my curiosity... what is this sashimi you speak of? meanwhile, i'm goin searchin.

Edit: So apparently the dev is banned from xda? found a thread on it but its not there. Found more info on it at wmexperts.com or something like that, but i guess i gotta join to be able to get it, and i can't seem to find it hosted here anywhere. I shall continue my search but if someone could lend a hand I'd appreciate it.

Edit #2: Joined and still can't seem to get it! lol, its frustrating me!
I too would like to know of the sashimi you speak off (and thanks for making me hungry =P )
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

damonwest2000 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to damonwest2000 Send a message via MSN to damonwest2000 Send a message via Yahoo to damonwest2000

Man My PIB Backup Was A Life Saver.....Used It For My TP, Backed It Up From My Mogul For All My Contact, Text Threads etc..Saved Me All Night Putting Them In
Myself

Phones I've Ownd, Treo 600, Samung Blade, Treo 650, PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, HTC Hero,HTC EVO 4G
Old 11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Anybody else using this program? It works but it takes about 20min to do a full backup. Which is alot longer than it ever took on the Mogul.
I had this same problem- someone suggested unchecking "stop all running processes" but I gave up and switched to Sprite backup (which has saved my ##$% a couple of times already!)

edit- see my original post here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41702
Old 11-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Please try to un-check the stop processes, and if it still is a problem, let me know.
Thanks.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

158 MB backed up to the SD in 5 min and 40 seconds using Sprite/installed on Device. Will check SPB next time I do a back up.

Last edited by HBOOT; 11-11-2008 at 01:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro