PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP! Need a new screen protector!!

Ghost Armor now sells a full body kit for the Touch Pro CDMA for $24.99. It's the same material as Invisible Shield, but doesn't suffer from the bad orange peel effect that Invisible Shield does.

http://www.ghost-armor.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i use these from best buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1067391594749
they have gridlines on them so you can cut exactly how you want them.... then peel and put on your device. i use them on all my phones, gps units, and psp/ds. i used one on my mogul and left it on for a year. i recently had to send my mogul back to exchange it for the touch pro, so i peeled the screen protector off thinking it wouldn't be pretty cause i left it on for so long... but to my surprise it was flawless underneath. great screen protectors.

edit: oh and it peeled off with ease even after leaving it on for a year (and i used and abused my mogul every day)
if anyone has used these and know of any others that work like them or better please let me know... i'm always up to try something different.

Last edited by lipidfats; 11-08-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
DO NOT - I SAY DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT

I'm telling you the screen protector will never be the same. Unless you like dirt dust and bubbles. Belive me, I tried, it looks like sh*t.

Live with your screen protector until the aftermarket ones are available specifically made for the TP.
I did it and it was a vast improvement on how I originally applied it

The tape trick removes all the dust, went back on perfect
Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I'm telling you the screen protector will never be the same. Unless you like dirt dust and bubbles. Belive me, I tried, it looks like sh*t.

Live with your screen protector until the aftermarket ones are available specifically made for the TP.
I've been washing screen protectors for years. Including the one that came with my TP. Never experienced the problem you describe. I mean, I've had dirt, dust, and bubbles, but not because of washing it. I have NEVER gotten a screen protector applied to my liking on the first try. In fact, I don't even bother trying to install a new protector straight off the backing anymore, because I can never get a dry protector right on the first try. I need it wet so I can slide it around. Washing as many times as necessary to get the perfect installation is what has allowed me to get... well... the perfect installation. I don't like seeing even a single piece of lint or dust under my protector. If it doesn't come out right, I wash and try again.

Steam up your bathroom. Clean your device screen with a microfiber cloth and glasses cleaner. Wash your hands with soap and water. Wash protector with soap and water. DO NOT DRY IT WITH ANYTHING. Shake it a few times and put it on wet. Push out the bubbles you can. It WILL look like crap, like an oily sheen and bubbles all over, but only until the water evaporates. Took 2 days on my TP to completely dry. I've got one piece of lint though, so I need to do it again. But one corner won't seem to lay down right, so I'm just living with it until the 3rd party protectors are available. Other than the problem with my corner, the stock protector is nice. It fits so perfect that if you don't put it on wet, I don't see how you could ever get it lined up. You would have to be a robot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

richcracker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmh View Post
I've been washing screen protectors for years. Including the one that came with my TP. Never experienced the problem you describe. I mean, I've had dirt, dust, and bubbles, but not because of washing it. I have NEVER gotten a screen protector applied to my liking on the first try. In fact, I don't even bother trying to install a new protector straight off the backing anymore, because I can never get a dry protector right on the first try. I need it wet so I can slide it around. Washing as many times as necessary to get the perfect installation is what has allowed me to get... well... the perfect installation. I don't like seeing even a single piece of lint or dust under my protector. If it doesn't come out right, I wash and try again.

Steam up your bathroom. Clean your device screen with a microfiber cloth and glasses cleaner. Wash your hands with soap and water. Wash protector with soap and water. DO NOT DRY IT WITH ANYTHING. Shake it a few times and put it on wet. Push out the bubbles you can. It WILL look like crap, like an oily sheen and bubbles all over, but only until the water evaporates. Took 2 days on my TP to completely dry. I've got one piece of lint though, so I need to do it again. But one corner won't seem to lay down right, so I'm just living with it until the 3rd party protectors are available. Other than the problem with my corner, the stock protector is nice. It fits so perfect that if you don't put it on wet, I don't see how you could ever get it lined up. You would have to be a robot.
gotta be honest, mine is on perfectly...1st try, but as you mentioned, the bottom right corner isn't laying down perfectly...completely annoying to me, but otherwise it's on perfect. steady hands i guess.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marked is a n00b

The bottom right corner didn't lay down right on mine either. Unfortunately it caught on the case when I took it out and put a bit of a crease in the protector. I did wash it and do the tape thing, and it cleaned up great - but I'll have to get a new one when they come out because the crease seems to be permanent and keeps it from laying down correctly on that part of the screen.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

i washed it several times... with soap.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LzyDrgnz View Post
Wash it with Soap and water... then take scotch tape and cover the entire stick side of it... slowly peel and apply like when you first got it.
nice tip I'll give this a try next time. what method do you use to dry it between washing and using the scotch tape?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Ghost Armor now sells a full body kit for the Touch Pro CDMA for $24.99. It's the same material as Invisible Shield, but doesn't suffer from the bad orange peel effect that Invisible Shield does.

http://www.ghost-armor.com
Is this one for the Sprint version? Looks kinda like it in the picture but someone said that just because it says CDMA version doesn't mean it's for the Sprint one..... Thanks!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

heberman is just getting started

ScreenPatronus has great screen protectors for touch devices. It feels more like glass than the Invisible Shield protector so my fingers slide much better on it. You can get them from the ScreenPatronus website (http://www.screenpatronus.com/) or find them a bit cheaper on Ebay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro