PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Drain while Charging...

Is there a fix cuz I was on the fone wit my bestie and it just died on her while charging!!! I have to fan the battery to keep it charging
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & Moment

dream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on repdream_phyre is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery Drain while Charging...

Is your phone getting warm while you are using it? If the battery gets too warm, there is a thermal protection circuit that kicks in and causes the phone not to charge. I stream music on my phone at work and I have found that if I keep the keyboard open then it is just cool enough to keep charging. If I close the keyboard the charging will eventually stop and the battery will drain.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_phyre View Post
Is your phone getting warm while you are using it? If the battery gets too warm, there is a thermal protection circuit that kicks in and causes the phone not to charge. I stream music on my phone at work and I have found that if I keep the keyboard open then it is just cool enough to keep charging. If I close the keyboard the charging will eventually stop and the battery will drain.
thanks boooski!!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Yeah it died on me too, I started another thread about this earlier tonight, I was pretty annoyed that it died on me while it was on the charger. Mine doesn't get hot either. Not sure why this happened? It's pretty weird to keep the keyboard open and talk to someone... Is anyone else having their phone die on them while they're still using it with the charger plugged in?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

as I said in the other thread, the included charger charges as a slow charge... if you try your mogul or touch charger it will actually charge at a full rate - the touch pro doesn't see the included charger as an oem charger...
Old 11-07-2008, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nFKT is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
as I said in the other thread, the included charger charges as a slow charge... if you try your mogul or touch charger it will actually charge at a full rate - the touch pro doesn't see the included charger as an oem charger...
Does not help, I have only been using my Mogul chargers on the Touch Pro, still have had it die while on the phone, using software. :\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro