PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43565)

nrupalp 11-06-2008 09:39 PM

4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF

So I have had every HTC phone sprint has had so far and all of them wake up for no reason ramdomly. I would think they would fix this problem in the PRO. I just got the pro today and it ramdomly wakes up evrey 15-20 minutes. Why cant the idiots at HTC/Sprint figure out what is causing this? Also, the service is lot better on treo 800w then this one. My 800w always stayed EV at my house and i have noticed the pro switched to 1x several times since i got it today afternoon. :protest:

darren.wlsn1 11-06-2008 09:46 PM

Re: 4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF

mine never wakes up. i wouldnt say its an htc problem. more phones dont than do wake up like yours. could be be a hardware problem on your phone for both problems. still an htc problem but not all htc phones.

nrupalp 11-06-2008 10:06 PM

I have had every WM phone sprint has ever had and only HTC devices do this.

sherv 11-06-2008 10:09 PM

What kind of reception do you have when this happens? When I go to visit my parents in the burbs I have close to NO reception at all and the phone does this...

chanhuff 11-06-2008 10:13 PM

My Pro gets 2 bars where my Mogul used to get 4. The turning on and off might be switching from Roaming to Sprint network or losing reception it might also be because of a program updating something like the built in Weather, RSS Feeds. If all of your 4 of your HTC phones have been doing this you might want to see if you have a program that you have always istalled on all 4 of them that might be making it turn on.

darren.wlsn1 11-06-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrupalp (Post 502652)
I have had every WM phone sprint has ever had and only HTC devices do this.

then get the 800 that works for uou. why keep getting junk htc phones? you know the fix, go fix it.

MaskedLion 11-06-2008 10:30 PM

You are speaking in absolutes and since you are the only one who has identified the problem it appears that the problem is related to something that is specific that you have done, could be where you live or some setting you have enabled on your phone.
I know this particular phone will wake when the keyboard is slid open. I found this very annoying as the phone would keep waking in my pocket while I was walking. Once I disabled the wake on keyboard slide it stopped.

DexterDawg 11-06-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrupalp (Post 502593)
So I have had every HTC phone sprint has had so far and all of them wake up for no reason ramdomly. I would think they would fix this problem in the PRO. I just got the pro today and it ramdomly wakes up evrey 15-20 minutes. Why cant the idiots at HTC/Sprint figure out what is causing this? Also, the service is lot better on treo 800w then this one. My 800w always stayed EV at my house and i have noticed the pro switched to 1x several times since i got it today afternoon. :protest:

I've had 6800, 6900, and now the pro. Never had it happen.

CountryDevil 11-06-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexterDawg (Post 502804)
I've had 6800, 6900, and now the pro. Never had it happen.

Me... the 6600, 6601, 6700...skipped out on the 6800 and with the Treo 700 and now the Pro.. not an issue unless switching in and out or Roam.

pandera13 11-06-2008 11:10 PM

I have had the same issue on several different HTC phonnes as well. I just thought it was typical. It's definately something to do with switching between EVDO and 1x or possibly roaming.

My Mogul will go from 3 bars EVDO to 1x just sitting in the same spot. I haven't looked at the signal meter to see exactly what's going on, but this will be my 3rd Mogul and also had 3 6700's that did the same thing.

Time synch and weather updates are turned off and I have activesync disabled. Obviously, the battery drains much faster when the phones switching between modes so much. Nothing like being woke up from your phone's backlight turning on and off while charging.

Maybe it's one of the apps, but it's been so long since I have had a stock rom, not sure if it switched back and forth while it was stock or not.