PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43565)

aceracer24 11-10-2008 03:11 PM

Re: 4th HTC device on sprint and same problem since the 1st one..WTF

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrupalp (Post 502593)
So I have had every HTC phone sprint has had so far and all of them wake up for no reason ramdomly. I would think they would fix this problem in the PRO. I just got the pro today and it ramdomly wakes up evrey 15-20 minutes. Why cant the idiots at HTC/Sprint figure out what is causing this? Also, the service is lot better on treo 800w then this one. My 800w always stayed EV at my house and i have noticed the pro switched to 1x several times since i got it today afternoon. :protest:

When did you first purchase the Trea 800w? The Touch Pro just released, the drivers are not as mature on the just released Touch Pro as they may have been for some of your other phones. Different hardware means different drivers and possible tweaks to the drivers over time.

Seriously....4 Touch Pro's? Did you ever think that it's by design? Or that after the second and thrid problem, the issues you are having won't go away yet?

Spriggan113 11-10-2008 03:22 PM

I have this happen sometimes and I have had the diamond and now the pro. Sometimes out of nowhere it will wake up as if I'm about to get a message or something. But nothing happens. Figured I'd live with it not a big deal to me.

tsowen 11-10-2008 03:49 PM

Guess I have been lucky as well, had the Mogul, Touch, skipped the Diamond and now have the Pro and I have never had this problem. I swapped exchanged models several times due to other problems and still never had this with the replacements either.

nico4k 11-10-2008 05:27 PM

yeah..that sounds like an application waking it up...i never had this issue with any wm pda either.

bambamsprint 11-10-2008 05:37 PM

i have my touch pro and its the best phone that i have jet, the only problems that i haver its the batery and the Rev A becouse we dont have that service in PR !! comming soon !!!

Elbimster 11-10-2008 06:10 PM

I've had the 6600, Apache, Mogul, and now Touch Pro. I've noticed this problem with them as well. I always just assumed the phone was doing it when it was getting messages from my Exchange e-mail server. Usually not a big deal, just put on the keylock and nothing gets pressed.