PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   glitch in the contact software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43135)

Boo Boo 11-04-2008 08:53 PM

glitch in the contact software

I go into my contacts to search I type K then R and it starts to dial a contact every time

anyone else having this issue?

**** Update ****

I contacted htc and they said no one else has called about this issue and i told them id post it here and have you call them.

they will ask if you hard reset the device and to also contact sprint to let them know about the issue.

tested it more its the r key that dials it, seems that once you cancel it it seems to be fine until you come back into it.

Kelita 11-04-2008 08:54 PM

Re: glitch in the contact software

Yes and it drives me crazy!

wrecks 11-04-2008 08:58 PM

good find.. yah it does that on mine too when not using the slideout keyboard.

sherv 11-04-2008 09:15 PM

I don't have this problem...do you have any matches which pop up for that letter combo (I don't)?

TurboFool 11-04-2008 09:15 PM

Huh, can't reproduce it on mine...

hibby50 11-04-2008 09:20 PM

wat rom

wrecks 11-04-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherv (Post 496931)
I don't have this problem...do you have any matches which pop up for that letter combo (I don't)?

I have one, but it does not call her, calls someone else.. Weird I wonder if it's any 3rd party app or script that causes this.

Going to wait till other report in if they have this problem, before I do a full backup and hard reset to see if the problem exist.

TurboFool 11-04-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 496946)
wat rom

At this stage if we're not in the Upgrades forum, I think it's pretty safe to assume stock. Almost nobody's running custom on this baby yet. I haven't seen any compelling ROMs or reasons to yet, considering how well it runs already, and since the only fully-functional ROMs are merely there for cooking purposes and don't add new builds of the OS or other improvements.

Kelita 11-04-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecks (Post 496954)
I have one, but it does not call her, calls someone else.. Weird I wonder if it's any 3rd party app or script that causes this.

Going to wait till other report in if they have this problem, before I do a full backup and hard reset to see if the problem exist.

Just an FYI, I did a hard reset Sunday and it did it to me again today. I'd like to know what causes it but it can be pretty embarrassing if you don't end the call immediately.

Ele7eN 11-04-2008 10:26 PM

just checked mine, and it dialed someone. weird.