PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint Carrier)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Gregory Lima is keeping up the good workGregory Lima is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch PRO Legit Torrent Downloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I just can't think of any file I need badly enough to torrent it on my phone. Of course, I do have Azureus running on my system with remote HTTP access to it anyhow, so all I have to do is log in to that and add the torrent to download it using my home connection.
I agree a linux distribution is not gonna be a good idea.

A half hour 130Mb episode downloaded in just over an hour isnt so bad, when your on a roadtrip for a week without a laptop.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcninjaz View Post
testing wm torrent right now.... getting about 30 KB/s (aka 100 MB/hour like the poster above said) -- thats slow though. on a regular download most people get 80-150 KB/s.

conclusion? use ftp/http or newsgroups to download, only use torrent if you have no other option =D

edit: must have been connected to slow seeds, second half of the download was ~70 KB/s, or ~250 MB/hour, so torrent downloading is semi-decent if you get connected to good seeds
I use newsgroups. I have seen sustained speeds of 125KB with my Mogul. I've not tried with the Touch Pro yet.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Why the hell would you want to torrent on your WM phone? Limited storage, bandwidth, battery power.... 3 good reasons not to do it. Doesn't seem useful in the slightest to me.
Battery power is a minimal concern. I've got access to 50 USB chargers to use. About 15 in my house. A few at work. One or two at all my family members homes and a bunch of car ones. I know it sounds excessive, but everyone at my work uses USB. 3 Touch Pros, a RAZR and a couple of Moto Qs. At home my girlfriend has a Mogul and so do almost all my friends. Bandwidth isn't a reason. This phone is DSL speed. I sustained over 125KB with my Mogul in a lower coverage area on Rev0, this phone is RevA. and seems to get better signal. Not to mention all the wifi options available. Space is moot too. My friend just ordered a Netbook with 16GB SSD. My phone has 4GB and I saw a Netbook on Woot with only 8GB. Space isn't really an issue at all in my opinion. Of course I don't use torrents. I would just login to my PC/laptop and download the files then stream them.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

forkspoon is a n00b

I download music with wmTorrent all the time.... often reaching speeds of 75Kb/s...

I leave my Touch plugged in most of the day and have a USB/SD enabled stereo beside my toolbox so it comes in handy when my whopping 2gigs of music is gets stale....
Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I'm loryLandskipper lol. I decided to say F it to torrenting on my phone. I don't know, I just feel like Sprint would a*s F me if I started downloading movies and mp3s or something.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro