PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42674)

PolloLoco 11-15-2008 06:44 PM

Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Could one of you guys with this cable please connect it to the phone without connecting the tv - and then try to use the video out program?

I just pulled pin 4 but slightly bent pin 3 and 5 - and would like to know if I already screwed up before going onto the next step. I connected the loose cable to my phone, and used video out - and got the notice that the optional accessory is needed.

Did I already screw up (requiring another adapter) or should I keep going - because that notice won't change until I connect the TV?

Thanks.

grad20_09 11-15-2008 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you plug the loose cable in, it should ask for the video format (PAL or NTSC)

dbldwn02 11-15-2008 11:26 PM

I sold my Touch before realizing that I needed the Y Adapter.

I was going through my car today and found the Y Adapter. I thought I sold it with the phone. SWEETNESS!

So I just finished building mine and it works great! Took me about an hour and I did a professional soldering job. I couldn't get the pin out so I just jammed it to the top and pushed it back. Works for me. Thanks for the instructions.

Just wish slingplayer didn't suck so much. I'm in EVDO but it still cuts out every 5 minutes.

PEACE!

PolloLoco 11-16-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grad20_09 (Post 521652)
When you plug the loose cable in, it should ask for the video format (PAL or NTSC)

I was afraid you'd say that. :-( That means I've already screwed up this adapter, I'm going to have to pick up another.

jonmcgill 11-16-2008 08:35 PM

maybe im slowm but which color is pin 4?

dbldwn02 11-16-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmcgill (Post 523429)
maybe im slowm but which color is pin 4?

The pin its self is not colored. But I'm guessing the wire it's hooked up to is the yellow one, which you could cut off or pull out. It pulled out of mine fairly easy when I tried to strip it. (Which I found out I didn't have to)

BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL THE WIRES OUT OF THE USB CORD!!!

jonmcgill 11-16-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbldwn02 (Post 523575)
The pin its self is not colored. But I'm guessing the wire it's hooked up to is the yellow one, which you could cut off or pull out. It pulled out of mine fairly easy when I tried to strip it. (Which I found out I didn't have to)

BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL THE WIRES OUT OF THE USB CORD!!!

thanks for the help. i got the pin, but stil unsure on which wired to connect. not really familiar with all the positives, negatives, and grounds

mabru2001 11-16-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmcgill (Post 523580)
thanks for the help. i got the pin, but stil unsure on which wired to connect. not really familiar with all the positives, negatives, and grounds

On the RCA cable=
The positive is the inner coated wire
The Negative is the outer wire that is around the inner coated wire

Once you know that then the rest is easy, just use the diagram that pzztgotbagz posted on the first page. And remember to connect the metal shielding on the USB cable to the negative of the sound.Both Sound negatives need to be connected together.

shdwknt 11-18-2008 09:31 PM

Which shielding>?? the medal wires or the tin foil looking ****? I made 1 of 2 that I am going to do this week - and I get NO audio at all :( video is flawless

mabru2001 11-18-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shdwknt (Post 528130)
Which shielding>?? the medal wires or the tin foil looking ****? I made 1 of 2 that I am going to do this week - and I get NO audio at all :( video is flawless

Both, its both the shielding. most important for good audio is the foil shielding