PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42674)

diomark 11-05-2008 10:30 PM

Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

What i REALLY want to see is a small Touch pro --> Myvu Crystal adapter...

The crystal just takes a 4-pin 1/16 plug... Right now to get picture on it you'd have to go

Touch Pro usb --> RCA video out adapter
RCA video-out --> myvue 1/16 plug

bulky..

-m

pg2k3 11-06-2008 04:35 PM

For those of you that need the adapter but lost or sold it with your Mogul/Touch. Consider asking your local Sprint Store (The one with a repair center). But beware, not all of them are technically competent and wont even check the back. Hope that helps someone.

Ticklemepinks 11-07-2008 02:18 AM

I'm glad to finally say that I made this after killin 3 adapters...tryin to strip it... so yeah this works very well but you need little hand (like mine) to twist the wires!

samshady 11-08-2008 01:37 AM

Screw that little #4 pin but I got it working!!!!

mabru2001 11-08-2008 09:36 PM

Woot! got mine made, I ended up just bending the #4 pin down and after plugging it into my TP it was bent all the way down. so fat works nicely.I know it was a bad idea to bend the pin down but I got insurance :D

sandman146 11-09-2008 09:47 PM

This works really great. Got it on my first try. Dito, I just pushed the #4 pin all the way down. Thanks for the post. This just saved me some money. Total cost $3 for the RCA cable and 20 minutes of work.

schnebs1 11-10-2008 03:08 PM

I just made mine. Took about an hour, altogether. I fiddled with the #4 pin for about 15 mins until it broke off, but it did, and it works great! Thanks for the instructions!

ducci1 11-10-2008 09:01 PM

Yeah i had to wiggle the pin back and fourth to weaken it then pull it out..... still had to push some of the pins back into position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 493762)
Just a heads up on this....

I own a cable manufacturing company. Although, we don't typically build cables with USB, we are extremely experienced with making audio/video cables (mostly for military/professional applications).

Since I had an old mogul connector available, I thought we would go ahead and give it a try to determine how long it would take to manufacture as I'm considering offering this as a product.

Everything in these directions is spot on and very easy to complete except for the removal of pin 4 from the external USB. We had a VERY difficult time removing this PIN without damaging the connector and this was using proper tools, magnifying glasses, etc.

If you are going to make this cable, it definetely works, just be aware that you will likely have problems removing the pin and there is a very good chance you will destroy the connector in the process.

Just my .02 cents

PolloLoco 11-10-2008 10:12 PM

I'm going to try this project as soon as I get a similar adapter. Does anyone know if an aftermarket version would have the same color scheme as the HTC adapter listed above?

Also - I'm a little confused about the wire's inside a regular RCA cable. I gather that there's shielding protecting two wires in each section of cable (video, audior, audiol). How do you identify the positive as opposed to the negative wire?

Thanks.

mabru2001 11-10-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco (Post 510362)
I'm going to try this project as soon as I get a similar adapter. Does anyone know if an aftermarket version would have the same color scheme as the HTC adapter listed above?

Also - I'm a little confused about the wire's inside a regular RCA cable. I gather that there's shielding protecting two wires in each section of cable (video, audior, audiol). How do you identify the positive as opposed to the negative wire?

Thanks.

The negative will always be the shielding as it is ground.