PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: Anyone else have a little piece of tape on the under side of their display?

Lol, I agree. I just removed it and reapplied some tape that is the right length so it wont touch the chrome trim
Old 12-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro; HP rx3114

MarvinK.Thomas@gmail.com is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Anyone else have a little piece of tape on the under side of their display?

Although it's probably harmless, and maybe it was in place for shipping. I am also debating to leave it there or not. I'd say it was certainly there not for aesthetics but to keep the hairline seam from widening (you have to look real closely near the edge!). However, I can't believe tape could really do that much, and that such a gorgeous phone would be designed to have a piece of tape left on it for such a purpose and make it not look as nice. But since others have taken it off, I suppose it really doesn't matter.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

it doesnt bother me so Im leaving mines on and beside I dont want any scrapes, scuffs, or anything like that on my phone
Old 12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I'll say this, I took the tape off and after a week of use I noticed the screen had come up on one side slightly so when I pressed the screen it went in a little, and could even make a tap noise if you hit it hard enough. I put some tape under the opposite side of the screen, and now everything sits even. Perhaps there is something to this...

Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

haha this is ridiculous.. the tape is there for shipping/handling only. I open electronic devices all day long and I find this stuff left and right. It's in there to protect the slider mechanism, in case the two halves of the phone are pushed together with any sort of force.

If it was meant to be left in place, they would NOT have made the tape go up the side of the screen like they did, to make it easy to peel off, (and quite noticable, as well.)

I would remove it, because it only interferes with the sliding mechanism. It's not like it's some sort of teflon pad that HTC wisely engineered into the design--it's a piece of tape. My printer had over 200 pieces of it, some--in the strangest places you could think of.

Has anyone read the manual to see if it talks about this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Sprint)

KristerK is a n00b

I think the tape might actually carry a 2d uv-fluorescent barcode, used to track the phone through the manufacturing and packing process. Anyone care to put their tape under a blacklight to clear this up? I tossed mine, but now I'm curious to see if I was right in assuming this.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

My conclusion is that everybody that has left the tape on is OCD.

Mine's on btw.

tsp
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
haha this is ridiculous.. the tape is there for shipping/handling only. I open electronic devices all day long and I find this stuff left and right. It's in there to protect the slider mechanism, in case the two halves of the phone are pushed together with any sort of force.

If it was meant to be left in place, they would NOT have made the tape go up the side of the screen like they did, to make it easy to peel off, (and quite noticable, as well.)

I would remove it, because it only interferes with the sliding mechanism. It's not like it's some sort of teflon pad that HTC wisely engineered into the design--it's a piece of tape. My printer had over 200 pieces of it, some--in the strangest places you could think of.

Has anyone read the manual to see if it talks about this?
LOL, couldn't agree more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro