PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprizzzzint

nesta17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Invisisheild for Touch Pro (and others) 40% off today only!!

There is a invisiblesheild kiosk at the mall by my work. I went in on Monday and they cut a custom piece for the screen of my Touch Pro. It works great just like the one on my Mogul. He even took my name and number and when the CDMA TP version is ready he's going to call me and give me full credit for the custom piece.

He said approx 2 weeks before the CDMA version was ready.

I HIGHLY recommend the InvisibleSHIELD. Never scratches, has a lifetime warranty, and works great!!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Does it go over the entire device or just the screen? I was confused by their demo video of the key scratching the iphone.

I think I will wait for CDMA version. Looks like a nice product!

edit, nevermind, I see you can get either full body or just screen
Old 10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't bother. Invisible Shield sucks. They're anything but invisible, way too thick, has a tacky feel that grips the stylus too much when writing, and are often not cut to the correct shape.

After buying three different ones for three different devices, I'm not wasting my money on any more so-called "Invisible" Shields.

The Stock Screen Protector is so much better, it's the closest thing to not having a screen protector at all (visually and in feel). But they're a major PITA to install.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The screen protector that came with my TP installed extremely easily. I misted the back of it and stuck it on and moved into place, then spread the moisture out. I don't much like it though... I have used several of Zagg's Invisible Shields and they are great. Admittedly, though, I have never used one on a touch screen and they do have a certain traction to them (that I've always liked, but I guess I could see how it might hinder dragging the stylus around the screen instead of just tapping it).
Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

I'm getting the full body coverage. Just in case I decide to drop this mug. I've dropped many phone without breaking them. It just REALLY messes up the finish. And I could see this finish getting scratched VERY easily!

Has anyone dropped theirs yet?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

I'm definitely sold about the full body coverage. I'll wait though until they have a CDMA version. I bought from these guys a kit for my apache. Worked great. Screen protector lasted me 6 months+.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I used these for my Touch and my GF's Rumor. Yes they do have a slight tacky feel and if you pres to hard the stylus gets sort of stuck and creates a dip in the shield BUT it smooths out instantly. No worries about scratches and stuff. It takes some getting used to but they are nice.

I avoided teh full body on the touch because I bought one of the silicon case covers for it. Not sure if I will go for the full body on the Touch Pro or not.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eb3604 is just getting started

I ordered a boxwave screen and button area protector, it didn't specify what version it was for. I assumed it was for gsm but i took a chance. I got it today, and it does not fit correctly. the gsm touch pro must be shaped differently. Angles and width are off. I'm hoping they'll refund my money or send me a cdma one.

And do you think that there will be a thanksgiving sale? Hopefully by then there will be a cdma version

Last edited by eb3604; 10-31-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
I'm getting the full body coverage. Just in case I decide to drop this mug. I've dropped many phone without breaking them. It just REALLY messes up the finish. And I could see this finish getting scratched VERY easily!

Has anyone dropped theirs yet?
yea i dropped mines today. i was on my way to reserve my copy of gears 2, and while i drive i leave my phone in my lap well i forgot it was there so when i got out..............i died a little when i heard the sound of my baby hitting the ground. luckly it landed flat on its back so the only marks are on the back. I NEED A FULL BODY CASE OR SOMETHING PRONTO!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by heem_infinite View Post
I sent them an email to ask when they were getting one for the cdma version. they asked me to send my phone in to them so they could get proper measurements. i think not.
Are you serious? They should just but one then send it back....LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro