PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42241)

codyppc 10-30-2008 11:04 AM

Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

man i really wanted this device, but after reading a weeks worth of bad reviews, poor battery life, low ear piece voulme.... i am woundering.

i have the option to get it for cheap, but i dont want to was my time if it's just going to get returned.

how many of you are still getting it even after all your've read?

how many of you have changed your mine about getting it so fast and waiting a few more weeks to see what happens?

how many of you are just not takeing the chance?

post replies and take the poll

thanks, Cody

bullet2300 10-30-2008 11:09 AM

Re: Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

Just put in my order this morning through telesales. Definitely want it, even more so after reading what people have said because for the most part - most people love it. Only a few aren't happy, and from those, only a few actually don't like it, the others like it but want some bugs fixed.

Its not going to be perfect, but it sounds like it can get near perfect with the proper programs and ROM updates.

As for the bad hearing, etc. If the fixes online don't work, they need to return it as not all people have bad speakers. I will be doing that until I get one that is hardware-wise, perfect.

Fittske 10-30-2008 11:13 AM

Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!

heem_infinite 10-30-2008 11:59 AM

Go ahead and get it. I've had mine since last friday and have not had any problems except i can't get word completion to work. the battery doesn't last as long as my mogul but it will last all day with normal use. the only time mine got real hot was the first couple of days i had it. that was because i was messing with it all day non-stop. this is by far better than anything other pda phone i've had before.

DrSuSE 10-30-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fittske (Post 485025)
Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!

Very true, exactly... For every person that posts regarding a problem, there are several pleased people who just don't post to say so. This is true for almost anything.

codyppc 10-30-2008 12:18 PM

:headbang: ok, ordered. yes :mrgreen:

shark1987 10-30-2008 12:19 PM

yea I'm still getting it. Almost every electronic device has problems when they first come out, they usually end up fixing them. I'm worried about the battery life, but with my Touch I'm getting about 7 hours of life out of it before it is dead. So I don't think it'll be that big of a change for me. As long as it lasts 7 hours I'll be fine. And I realize that now someone is going to come out and say it won't but I'll be the judge of that lol.

VW 10-30-2008 12:21 PM

I think you need an addition to the Poll. All this bad stuff is overrated and the TP rocks. Of course I will/have gotten it.

TurboFool 10-30-2008 12:26 PM

Remember, the complainers are always the most vocal. Best phone I've ever owned, despite the battery life problems, which are my only real complaint.

schettj 10-30-2008 12:27 PM

I'm always on the (cheaper, more debugged) trailing edge. But its fun to follow you early adopters. Go forth! Blaze the trail! I'm right behind you ;)