PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42241)

blazin-asian 10-30-2008 03:08 PM

Re: Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

my TP is great besides for battery life, 5 row keyboard (i liked the 4 row of Mogul) and some of the bloatware of sprint stock rom. big improvement over Mogul and nice upgrade over the Diamond.

i really liked the Diamond, but i couldn't see myself using it for emails/text for more then a year. i kept on hitting the wrong buttons and i refuse to have to use my stylus to type.

hibby50 10-30-2008 03:40 PM

dude, i have mine, listen hear this is very good info. This phone rocks.st, the screen is amazing the touch responsiveness is so good. I will admit that the battery life is not good.... FOR NOW. People who say that have no clue. It takes 2-4 weeks (IMO) to condition a battery. So in that case it is obvious IT WILL NOT HAVE GOOD BATTERY LIFE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! get it!

Cicatrize 10-30-2008 04:06 PM

Since when has a PPC been released that everyone thought was perfect the first week it came out? lol

It's the same crap every time a new one is released. Everyone complains and says "omg people have so many problems! I shouldn't get one."

Of course...everyone gets them at the same exact time and is using them for the first time, so people will have their complaints. What you're hearing are the same complaints about (mostly) small unresolved issues, so it seems worse than it really is. I only have VERY minor complaints about my Touch Pro, and they don't even matter, because PPC's aren't perfect. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

bullet2300 10-30-2008 04:08 PM

I think the Poll says it all ;)

CaliforniaPlaya 10-30-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW (Post 485189)
I think you need an addition to the Poll. All this bad stuff is overrated and the TP rocks. Of course I will/have gotten it.

I agree 100%. I've got it and love it. The hardware is great - software needs a bit of work, but thats the easy part. It really is a great device!

puff 10-30-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 485010)
post replies and take the poll

thanks, Cody

i will be getting the touch pro (just as soon as i get the $$$)

Scrotum 10-30-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fittske (Post 485025)
Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!

This is true, the only problem that I have had so far was related to a change I made to the registry. After a hard reset, and avoiding that Reg Edit I couldnt be happier. I love the business card scanner, and cant wait to pick up a TV out cable.
________
RECALL AVANDIA

InvincibleLiving 10-30-2008 06:12 PM

I'm still undecided if i'll take the leap now that I have the diamond... the main part thats pulling me in is the fact that I always need to have the latest and greatest tech if at all possible, and luckily i'm able to afford it at this time....but i've come to love the light weight and thin-ness of the diamond. i'm only 15 days in with the diamond so i have another 15 to decide... it might come down to the wire.

SirNathaniel 10-30-2008 06:58 PM

I'm so getting a Touch Pro, I'm sick of my stupid mogul giving me 1-7 black screens of death and crashing in the middle of calls/texts, only allowing me up to 13.33 mb RAM, etc., what were they thinking when they made this?!

Anyway, I'm soooo pumped to get a phone with a truly awesome interface and higher processing power and ram than the almighty iphone! (the iphone has been revealed to have 128mb ram, and cpu only running at 416mhz to avoid extreme battery drainage!! OWNED!!)

wheelsun 10-30-2008 07:01 PM

already placed my order earlier today