PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
All you Sprint users will be flashing all your perfect Touch Pros to Cricket by the end of next year, Sprint can't continue to lose customers at the rate they have been.
this is not true. even if sprint is sold to other company, all existing contract will still be valid. also, there is a big thread here that many people were able to get sprint Pro to work on verizon network. no need to go to cricket.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ok, we will stop bashing the hidious overpriced undercut ppc.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
this is not true. even if sprint is sold to other company, all existing contract will still be valid. also, there is a big thread here that many people were able to get sprint Pro to work on verizon network. no need to go to cricket.
Yea I know all the Sprint users will have options as far as flashing, they were bashing Verizon so I had to bash Sprint.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok, we will stop bashing the hidious overpriced undercut ppc.
Here ya go

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=5676
Old 11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

redlegend is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to redlegend Send a message via MSN to redlegend

I'm beginning to wonder how much of this thread is actually about the Verizon TP, as opposed to apparent sprint users running thier mouths about how Verizon sucks. 40%? Stick to the topic please folks.

My thoughts:

I've played with the Sprint version quite a bit in the stores (including again today after I got my Verizon TP yesterday) and I have to admit the Sprint TP seems quicker. I also think I like the Sprint tf3d better too, but that's just colors really. I for one don't run more than 3 apps at a time, so as much as the less RAM bugs me from a pure principled stand point, it doesn't seem to be a factor (unless of course it explains the perceived operating speed difference, particularly when switching from portrait to landscape and back again). If we can get a custom ROM to unlock the GPS (maybe the FM radio too?) I'll be happy. I don't mind the actual casing differences, and coming from a Treo 700w I personally was more used to the smaller keys on Sprint's version, but I'm sure I'll get used to the more luxurious spacing on Verizons (reminds me of Kramer and his double wide lane ).

How about everyone's thoughts on battery life? I don't imagine there would be much difference between the 2 versions, but I've got to say: at 100% this morning at 7am I was down to 20% by 6pm. That was with push email as items arrive, random texting and internet use, among other things. Now at 9:30pm I finally get a low battery warning of 10%. I really hope someone finds/makes a higher capacity battery with the same form factor. My Treo's 1800 mah would go for days.

And for the record, in this neck of the woods, you simply can't beat the quality and coverage of Verizon's network, period.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

Finally got mine from fedex... time to play...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 11-27-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

Yes - the other carrier's version of the Touch Pro have more RAM, yes they have rounded edges, some even have faux chrome edges.

But I am stuck with Verizon - I left Sprint not becase I wanted to, but becasue the wife got a job with VZW and you cant beat the Employee discount price.

So my choices are - get a Verizon Touch Pro and hope the wizards in this fourm and start cooking some ROM's to unlock the GPS and other goodies. Still be able to pay a pittance for Replacement Warranty and not have to worry too much if the device gets damaged.

Or

Pay top dollar for a unlocked Touch Pro and slap the VZW Rom on it and pray it lasts a year or so becase if it breaks.....I'm screwed.

I really dont have a choice but to get the Verizon Touch Pro and hope for the best. I hope that when the VZW TP gets unlocked and the useless VZW software gets removed there will be plenty of RAM to do what I want to do with this device......
  • Play my Movies - TMPMP
  • Play my Music on my stereo BT and BT car adapter
  • Use any GPS software I want
  • Read my large E-Book collection (MS Reader - LIT)
  • Access YouTube video with ease
  • Access email while on the go
  • Remote to my PC
  • Access ORB (Yes Vcast blows compared to SprintTV) that's why I have ORB
  • Play motion sensor games
  • Surf the internet easier & faster than before
  • Text & Picture messaging
  • WiFi for local access to my home network for file sharing
  • Tethering for my laptop when needed
Everything in the normal font color I'm sure from what I have read, I can do STOCK right out of the box. The things in YELLOW I either have read of issues or slight tweaking needed to perform. In RED, yeah the unlocked GPS, I would really, really like that to happen.
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Verizons slogan should be.. " Network soo good, we gimp our phones"
VIP Member

Can someone please put a screen shot app on the Verizon TP and dispay them
Old 11-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Banned User

TheShaz, how much do you pay a month with vzn discount. And what do you get? minutes, date etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro