PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

I just ordereed my HTC pouch thingy that drex and chedda ordered.. can't wait!

I wish they had install locations near me, I suck at installing protection sheets.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
I just ordereed my HTC pouch thingy that drex and chedda ordered.. can't wait!

I wish they had install locations near me, I suck at installing protection sheets.
If you're not that good, I'd recommend using more spray on the protector. It will take you longer, but you can get it perfect that way.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This may have been asked but does the full Ghost Armor protect the sides of the phone also? I am assuming it does and if so Can you get your battery cover off when the ghost armor is on?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Re: BEST Pro Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Brown

Black

I am using it now. It fits perfectly and closes securely. The clip is very tight and the case looks beautiful.

And the best part... 10 DOLLARS WITH SHIPPING!

It comes in black but trust me this brown looks beautiful it is a bit darker than in the pic and looks better than black (my friend has black.)

Here is mine. The color came out a bit brighter then actual.

I was just at Pep Boys (the auto shop) getting my car looked at - when I noticed they had this same case for sale. It was listed at $10 but may end up being cheaper because the case I ended up getting rang up for $4.

Anyway - I thought it looked nice and my phone fits great in it, but I didn't like that all the corners were exposed. A drop would still mar the phone. Which is ironic because I ended up getting a universal pda case without a flap.

I just thought that someone interested might want to go to Pep Boys and see the case, and or pick one up immediately.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Android Convert

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
This may have been asked but does the full Ghost Armor protect the sides of the phone also? I am assuming it does and if so Can you get your battery cover off when the ghost armor is on?
yes, the side are protected.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Lurker

rsriniv24 is a n00b

I'm looking for an ubercheep car charger and car kit. ... Is this charger with FM transmitter a good deal, and has anyone tried it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FM-Transmitter-Handsfree-w-Car-Charger-f-HTC-Touch-Pro_W0QQitemZ160299498355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Ac cessories?hash=item160299498355&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14&_trkparms=72:1234|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Thanks in advance,

D
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Brown

Black

I am using it now. It fits perfectly and closes securely. The clip is very tight and the case looks beautiful.

And the best part... 10 DOLLARS WITH SHIPPING!

It comes in black but trust me this brown looks beautiful it is a bit darker than in the pic and looks better than black (my friend has black.)

Here is mine. The color came out a bit brighter then actual.

Hibby, you should work in the Sales Department at Cellular Innovations , as your posts definitely caused me to put in for the black version! Can't wait to get my mits on it.....
Old 11-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
Careful, I ordered one specifically listed for the Sprint phone and I got screwed. It's way too tight - and the flap won't even close. I'm waiting for a response from the vendor - but I'll probably give them negative feedback. It's a shame, because the case is actually really nice.
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of them lately. Today I just took the "official" case that I bought from Sprint store off after I noticed that it's making a gap between my keyboard and the screen... Goodness it didn't damage the chrome on the edges like other members said.

I guess I'll just keep it in my pocket and in the carrying case that came with it until something worth a try came out.

Now time to return those so-claimed "will fit CDMA" cases...
Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

drdjdesi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to drdjdesi
Official thread abt aftermarket batteries/chargers and tweaks to extend battery LIFE

The information is scattered around, there are a few threads concerning batteries. Ive looked through them and have not really found a solid discussion about aftermarket batteries, chargers and tweaks specifically meant to extend battery life. Any discussions that I have seen where quickly taken off track.

So far, its become apparent that not every touch pro battery on the internet is compatible with our phones (international etc). Has anyone purchased the Seido battery? Care to comment on size of the battery and if it seems to last longer? Ive seen that a few people have bought charging cradles originally marketed for the diamoind....any fitment issues?

Mods: I hope this thread isnt locked or merged. Lets keep his thread focused, there are other threads where people can discuss what they can do with their phone before the battery goes down to 10%:

Edit: Please post up links for the parts that work so I can keep the list below updated.

Do NOT work:
Igonemobile

DOES work:
1. Battery bank (recharges on the go) http://www.ppctechs.com/HTC-Touch-Pr...k_1053-440.htm

Cradles that FIT the touch pro:
1. http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-BATTERY-CHARG...742.m153.l1262
2. http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Touch-Pro...713.m153.l1262

SOFTWARE tweaks to extend battery life:

Last edited by drdjdesi; 11-19-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Android Convert

Re: Official thread abt aftermarket batteries/chargers and tweaks to extend battery L

Do not buy the batteries from Igonemobile. They do not register, even though they say HTC on them. I have not found a battery that will register with the phone yet, even though they work fine. However, you can't charge the battery while it's in the phone or know the battery percentage.

They have given me an RMA number.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro