PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bluetooth Headset suggestions? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41785)

JUDD227 10-27-2008 11:03 AM

Bluetooth Headset suggestions?

I've searched 14 pages of threads and not seen an answer so here it is.
I've been looking to get a bluetooth headset and haven't seen any real discussion here on which one's work well with the Touch Pro, so I was wondering if those of you that have the pro could recommend one or warn against one.
Thank you for any input.

jonartbanks 10-27-2008 11:44 AM

Re: Bluetooth Headset suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUDD227 (Post 478529)
I've searched 14 pages of threads and not seen an answer so here it is.
I've been looking to get a bluetooth headset and haven't seen any real discussion here on which one's work well with the Touch Pro, so I was wondering if those of you that have the pro could recommend one or warn against one.
Thank you for any input.

JUDD227,

Try the blueant V1 http://www.myblueant.com/v1_voice_control.htm hands down the best bluetooth headset I've ever had. I'm a gadget freak and I have to have the latest and greastest in technology I have done tons of research before I buy any tech product , I have had the Jawbone 2 which was good but the ear hook are very cheap and will break with little effort. The V1 is great no complaints it has every the Jawbone has in a smaller, more comfortable and cheaper headset and not tro mention it voice activated. I got mine from a store called Brandsmart in Atl, GA for $68.99 compared to the others at $130+.

Phreddo 10-27-2008 11:53 AM

yeah, i got teh blueant too. newegg has an open box for about $60 shipped right now, appears to come with everything. I paid like $76. still trying to figure it out, my mom was complaining that i sounded "fuzzy" and so far i'm not sure if this is working the best or what. haven't had a chance to do real long term testing with it.
however, it won't work calling from a hockey game, i've found.
of course, you need to find a willing participant to help you fully test it.

criticalaudioinc 10-27-2008 11:58 AM

I myself have owned several types of bluetooth headsets, I would also like to try the blueant myself. The ones I have come to like is the plantronics Voyger 510 and 3xx water resistant headset. I have wanted to attempt the Jawbone but have always heard mixed reviews so I have questioned it and stayed with plantronics, But this blueant looks promising.

shellguy 10-27-2008 12:03 PM

I personally have the Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo headset and love it..

shell

Geekcop 10-27-2008 12:11 PM

BlueAnt Z9 works well for me

JUDD227 10-28-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonartbanks (Post 478626)
JUDD227,

Try the blueant V1 http://www.myblueant.com/v1_voice_control.htm hands down the best bluetooth headset I've ever had. I'm a gadget freak and I have to have the latest and greastest in technology I have done tons of research before I buy any tech product , I have had the Jawbone 2 which was good but the ear hook are very cheap and will break with little effort. The V1 is great no complaints it has every the Jawbone has in a smaller, more comfortable and cheaper headset and not tro mention it voice activated. I got mine from a store called Brandsmart in Atl, GA for $68.99 compared to the others at $130+.

Are you using it with the touch pro?

JUDD227 10-28-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreddo (Post 478652)
yeah, i got teh blueant too. newegg has an open box for about $60 shipped right now, appears to come with everything. I paid like $76. still trying to figure it out, my mom was complaining that i sounded "fuzzy" and so far i'm not sure if this is working the best or what. haven't had a chance to do real long term testing with it.
however, it won't work calling from a hockey game, i've found.
of course, you need to find a willing participant to help you fully test it.

Was it fuzzy on your touch pro?

TurboFool 10-28-2008 02:07 AM

I really like my BlueAnt Z9i. The V1 seemed kind of pointless to me, what with all the voice command abilities of my phone.

biggienick 10-28-2008 02:12 AM

Haven't used it with my TP but I am a huge fan of the 3 Jawbones I had. The sound could've been louder on my end but that's because i'm slightly deaf. it was the only bt headset I could use in the cab of a truck or on a train and not sound like I was standing next to a jackhammer to the other person. Haven't tried a BlueAnt though.