PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JetCet Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 View Post
I tried what was suggest to me, and unfortunately I can't get my printer to work on the network. I'm trying to enable sharing, and it says it's enabled, but I just won't find it. Any ideas? I'm running vista, and my printer is a USB Deskjet F335 All-in-One
Sorry I'm out of ideas... I would think printer sharing would make it show up on the entire network. Can you see it using another computer on your network?
Old 12-13-2008, 01:31 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

jetcet **** on my ****

Old 12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
jetcet **** on my ****
frustration much?
Old 12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

yea pretty bad it sounds so fun to show off
Old 12-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thra5h is a n00b

I have this setup and working great with my epson cx4800. I love fixing things that aren't broke, so I did the update described in post #35 and there is an even newer version out. 5.2.1021 . Some of you guys may want to try it again. New drivers maybe?????

The SN. shows OEM like before.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

I don't know, my printer shows it should be able to do the network deal, but I don't have another computer to test it on the network. I'm out of ideas too. Oh well...
Old 12-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola q9

mcharkowski is a n00b

JetCet supports PCL output with the HP driver. Almost every printer on the market supports PCL, so JetCet supports most printers.

Now some of the photo printer companies, most ly Lexmark, but also HP, Canon, etc. started producing GDI printers that directly process Windows drawing commands instead of needing to be converted to a PDL (Print Description Language) like PCL or PostScript. This was simply to reduce cost. If you have one of these printers, you are basically stuck with Windows compatibility and nothing else.

If this is the case, don't blame JetCet, blame the cheapo company you bought it from. Chances are it was a throw-in with something else anyway.

If this is not the case, then JetCet should work with your printer. You're probably just having network issues. Download a pinging utility first and see if you can at least reach the network address, then go on to troubleshoot the print issues.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

I have spend a lot of time on this and here is what I have found. My printer driver HP C5500 doesn't exist on the latest ROM from JetCet and even though I can get a test page to print from some of the printers close to mine it really doesn't work.

I can however use the generic bluetooth print driver and not print through JetCet and can get my phone to print basic text an emails.

I now use bluetooth printing more than I thought I would because it is pretty convienient. I wish I had an actual driver howevr because there would be a few added printing benefits.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

albowwow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECNiz View Post
Yah, I got it to work with my HP OfficeJet 7410xi.
The printer is connected to my network over wifi.
I connected my touch pro to the wifi network.
and I printed a test page just fine.
I have a 7410 and it gets an error message, did you have to know the settings or?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

just installed the printer as any bluetooth device would and don't use Jetcet. I just print via bluetooth from the individual applications

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro