PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Miss My "OK" Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeezie View Post
I miss the OK button on the keyboard, the most. I actually used that thing a LOT!
Come to think of it, I have been reaching for it. I don't think I noticed my use of it until I didn't have it. Mainly, though, it's not having one in easy reach while the keyboard's open. The one under the wheel was in the perfect spot for my right forefinger, so I used that more.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i miss the ok, messaging, and softkeys the most

Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work

i just wish i had a button so i could switch between programs without having to hit the home key then the task menu
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
i just wish i had a button so i could switch between programs without having to hit the home key then the task menu
I suggest installing qmenu and assign it to a button (double press) using AEButton Plus.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
The Back button on the front is the OK button. Works exactly the same way. I miss the easy location of it under the wheel (which I also miss), but at least it's not gone entirely.
How is it the OK button? It doesnt go back to the previous screen when you press it when you are most screens?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Isnt the back arrow button the OK button? It sure acts the same way.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i miss the soft keys and wheel the most, just wondering how im going to navigate everything when i eventually break the screen on this as i have with every other ppc ive ever owned (6-6700's, 3-6800's and now tp) post office mail processing plant = not phone friendly
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I know that the back button works as the OK button, but I find myself using my finger to jab OK in the top right corner most of the time, so I don't miss it at all... especially since the display is flush now, so I never have to fumble to hit it.

What I miss is having a genuinely programmable button. Long-press on the End key just doesn't cut it, and AEButtonPlus or whatever it's called just doesn't do it for me... I like the buttons I have just the way they are. I used to use the Comm Manager button on my Mogul as press for nueLight and press-and-hold for Spb Mobile Shell Task Manager, and I really miss that configuration.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
If you're adventurous and don't mind paying a few extra bucks there's a nifty app called AE Button Plus where you can remap those hardware buttons to your deepest desire. One, two, three and long press and you have a whole new game. I use it myself

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php
this is a great program.. i even have some of my kb button remapped. when using the kb i hate having to touch the screen so what i did was map my tab-> start ctrl-> OK - -> left softkey and = -> right softkey.. i even have my vol up remapped to start and vol down remapped to OK... !
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Excheese is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
Isnt the back arrow button the OK button? It sure acts the same way.
It closes the screen, but not the app. Just tested and the two apps I used the back button to close were still running in task mgr. = battery burn baby!

Ex

"Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro