PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post Your Touch Pro Today Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
sweet, noticed there's a comm. manager tab out... anyone know if there's a sprintified comm manager tab?
The comm manager tab works with all carriers. It's not GSM specific. I'm using the one that was posted at XDA.

Now, if anyone has a solution for this, I'd appreciate it. I posted this on XDA as well:

I need a file to make the calendar text readable. Here's a screenshot of what's happening now

Any ideas? It would be great to make the white text gray like the other fonts.

One other thing: Does anyone know how I can get the background I have in that screenshot? It has to be in the manila files, I just don't know which one! I need to assign it as my today background so that it will match my start menu. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I need a file to make the calendar text readable. Here's a screenshot of what's happening now

!
Have you tried the black text cab? i think it makes all text black except the home page.. at the time I downloaded it. Also I think there's a post here or on XDA that shows what to edit to get different text colors. I'm just assuming these changes would affect the calendar tab. I'll attach the black font cab just in case. I got it from XDA quite a while ago so I'm not sure where exactly.. thinking its one of Nisse's fixes..
Attached Files
File Type: cab BlackFontColour.cab (654.3 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:09 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Found the trick for the drop down start menu!!!

Its a reg edit..
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\ManilaCustomHlUP
and ManilaCustomHlDown

The trick is you HAVE to use the decimal code, when I used a hex code no matter what color it went to blue or green highlights. Use decimal and it works.... you can also change the background and the text colors on this same "enlarge menu" key.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this changes the color of the selection indicator for the start menu, not the actual background? I want to change the background image?/background?. I want it to match the wallpaper I have on my today if possible.

On another note, for people who found this regedit useful, I have another one that changes all the phone selection colors. It's also a regedit, but you have to edit it carefully.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\highlightTextColor

I actually edited the hex key, but you have to highlight each character, then write your own. You can't delete a character then write. It will screw up.

If you're not sure what color you like, I used this online app. http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/color.swf Just pick a color you want, and make a note of the hex key. I chose a red color to match my theme, which came out to be 770000, but in the regedit hex, I had to have 00770000.

Hope this helps! Sorry for giving a long explanation for something simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
The comm manager tab works with all carriers. It's not GSM specific. I'm using the one that was posted at XDA.

Now, if anyone has a solution for this, I'd appreciate it. I posted this on XDA as well:

One other thing: Does anyone know how I can get the background I have in that screenshot? It has to be in the manila files, I just don't know which one! I need to assign it as my today background so that it will match my start menu. Thanks!
Lol, Saumaun, there's just no luck with your font I assume the entire font set is white for your theme? I don't know how to change the color. the link above didn't help? If I come across a solution, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
whats sprintfield mean?
He meant "Sprint-ified". Specific to Sprint phones.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:06 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
In that same reg area there is the key ManilaCustomTexture you can redirect to another texture.. key is you need a 2x2 png file.... and it won't show until you soft reset (unlike the highlight color change)... I successfully resized my wallpaper to 2x2 and exported as 24b png file put it in my windows directory and redirected the reg to that file.. worked perfectly. I chose to resize my wallpaper so I had the exact color.. it basically came up as color not texture/print. I didn't try NOT resizing....
Where do I find this registry setting? I will try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Dude I have to have this!!! I need a black or dark grey background with dark red highlight.....what do I have to do? I need a step by step or a link, PLEASE.
Quote:
Dude I have to have this!!! I need a black or dark grey background with dark red highlight.....what do I have to do? I need a step by step or a link, PLEASE.
You mean this?

this is stock on the theme I'm using. If I figure it out, I'll let you know
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

In the meantime Saumaun, you may want to browse this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=463571
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:37 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

use reg editor to go to
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu

edit the keys for ManilaCustomHlUp and ManilaCustomHlDown to decimal number 204 (that will be a dark red)

create a png file in a graphic program sized 2pixel by 2pixel in the color you want your background, save as 24bt and name it what you want... put it in windows folder on your phone and then edit the key CustomManilaTexture to point to that file...

Here is a darkgray background file to put in windows...
then edit your registry
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\CustomManilaTexture\ edit key to say \WINDOWS\darkgray.png
Attached Images
File Type: png darkgray.png (115 Bytes, 99 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eenieMINI; 12-27-2008 at 03:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

here goes mine:

Old 12-27-2008, 06:05 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin_diva400 View Post
here goes mine:

I like the background you have. Is it stock for Sprint? I wonder if I can put that on my TF3D background in all the tabs except the Home. It would look very nice with my current theme. I'd like to keep the current image on my home. Maybe I can use your image to overwrite my current one? It looks similar to yours, but gray.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:12 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Okay Saumaun, I think I found what you're looking for. Take a look at this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...39#post2736439 post #87. It's a black font color in the tabs. This may work for your Calendar and Manila sound profile.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin_diva400 View Post
here goes mine:

Okay, can I ask you for a favor? I think I found the file that is the secondary background for TF3D. It is 4a087e41_manila Can you post this file from your \Windows\ directory for me? I found the info from this post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...31#post2832731

Thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro