PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Youre right, this is a limited market, but the little pressure we put on them goes a long ways. The few that are anticipating will probably be the majority of the buyers (atleast from launch).

Well, all this discussion is going to do nothing for my new device hunger... i wish there was a way to hibernate for 2 weeks without missing midterms lol
Not necessarily. This phone will be a big pitch to business people going in that don't know what to get for a phone.

From there, depending on the business person, assuming they're not tech savvy they'll just give it to a "tech person" in their company to set everything up for them or since Sprint had that training day in the summer, the in store rep will teach them how to do certain things.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
Does Calling the 1800 number avoid the shipping charge and activation fee that they charge. With Sprint website these costs are free. ?
Well, if you call them, then you can ask the rep if there's a way to grant free shipping, right?...I mean, it's better than just putting through the order and eating the shipping cost. At least you can ask someone...LOL.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

skyheli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Not everyone is really "anticipating" this phone release. I'd be surprised if even 1% of the country knows about this phone or has any interest in it. Sprint doesn't owe anybody anything.

Besides, this type of delay happened with the Diamond too, and there were a TON of glitches with that phone off the bat. I'd rather them delay the Touch Pro as long as needed to get all the kinks out, then rush to release it to make a "comfortable" date for that small percentage of people that have been waiting for this phone.

Seriously, to majority of the country, they have no clue it's delayed...LOL...In fact, video game releases probably has a bigger market and following than the release of these type of devices (and specifically the touch pro).

From reading their " annoucement " it seems their delay is more of a SUPPLY issue than a " BUGS " issue......
Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
From reading their " annoucement " it seems their delay is more of a SUPPLY issue than a " BUGS " issue......
Hopefully. Either way, I know that the Diamond had a lot of bugs and I'd rather not see the same thing happen with the Touch Pro, even if that means more and more delays on the release
Old 10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: sprint

cmanbrazil is a n00b

I wish sprint would have just communicated clearly through their reps. I don't blame anybody on here for being misled by a company that poorly communicates. Reps are made to look foolish because they are poorly informed.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanbrazil View Post
I wish sprint would have just communicated clearly through their reps. I don't blame anybody on here for being misled by a company that poorly communicates. Reps are made to look foolish because they are poorly informed.
That's what I've been trying to tell people for the past month or so...In ANY CS company, the Tier 1 reps are the very last to get updates (Regardless of the industry). Just imagine how frustrating it is for the reps when customers keep calling in about the same thing over, and over, and over, but the information they have isn't the most accurate?

Seriously, just like someone had mentioned before, Tier 1 reps are usually in that position mainly to have a paying job, not necessarily to keep up to date with the most current information.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul 6800

stark912 is a n00b

As i mentioned earlier on this forum.... they have pushed back the date because of availability. Here is why...
October 17, 2008

Sprint HTC Touch Pro Delayed

If you were eagerly waiting for Sprint to release this phone, you will have to be patient for a few more weeks. It doesn't look like the October 19 launch will happen, reportedly because of inventory issues. Here's Sprint's statement:
"Sprint expects to slightly delay launch of the Touch Pro by HTC to ensure we have adequate inventory in all channels before making the device commercially available. Customers can expect the device to become available in select national retailers by the end of the month and then in all Sprint sales channels including online at sprint.com and Sprint Stores by early November."

PS. This is from Ubergizmo. Awsome website for gagets
Old 10-19-2008, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark912 View Post
As i mentioned earlier on this forum.... they have pushed back the date because of availability. Here is why...
October 17, 2008

Sprint HTC Touch Pro Delayed

If you were eagerly waiting for Sprint to release this phone, you will have to be patient for a few more weeks. It doesn't look like the October 19 launch will happen, reportedly because of inventory issues. Here's Sprint's statement:
"Sprint expects to slightly delay launch of the Touch Pro by HTC to ensure we have adequate inventory in all channels before making the device commercially available. Customers can expect the device to become available in select national retailers by the end of the month and then in all Sprint sales channels including online at sprint.com and Sprint Stores by early November."

PS. This is from Ubergizmo. Awsome website for gagets
-EDIT-
Ditto. My bad, I initially didn't read your first statement
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

brooklynsugabun is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to brooklynsugabun

Ok so my cousin and I were on the countdown at 10pm for the HTC Pro to be released on sprints website but instead they released other models that dont even come close. I called sprint today and the rep infromed me that it should be out nov 2nd or by the 2nd week in nov.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is the link to the HTC America website, they have the Pro as a released, Sprint Phone:
http://www.htc.com/us/us_product_operator.aspx?id=20760

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro