PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1l3ntm0use View Post
I e-mailed EVP earlier to see for myself what the person who would respond would tell me:

Alex,

Currently, the expected launch date for this phone is November 2. It was October 19th, but on Monday I received information that the launch date was pushed back to November 2. Thank you!

Lisa Smith

Employee Value Program (EVP)

Yeah, I'm goin with the 2nd now too... oh well, the wait will hopefully make it sweeter

EVP does not get the phone on "sprint's" actual release day. EVP usually gets their phones 2 weeks after sprint's launch date. In this case, sprint's launch date 10/19 EVP launch date (2 weeks later) is 11/2. So I still expect the pro to come out on the 19th.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
EVP does not get the phone on "sprint's" actual release day. EVP usually gets their phones 2 weeks after sprint's launch date. In this case, sprint's launch date 10/19 EVP launch date (2 weeks later) is 11/2. So I still expect the pro to come out on the 19th.

What about all the people that purchased the diamond thru EVP and received the phone the same day as everyone else.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
If you look at old Touch Diamond threads, there was a LONG time "set release date" of 9/2. Reports of a "delay" got leaked, but the CS reps at Sprint kept indicating 9/2/08. Next thing you know, the date came and went...nobody was able to pre-order. Then, when the actual (delayed release) came, people were able to order through telesales on a Sunday and the orders for the people who pre-ordered through EVP were shipped out the following day (as well as those people who got free overnight shipping through telesales). Any delays after that were due to the Hurricane. This all reiterates almost the SAME exact situation that happened with the Touch Diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Pro Launch Dates are Correct the 19th

Well... its confirmed. OCT. 19 thru telesales!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeee!!!!! My source? My contact ofcourse! On other news...... Martians were found alive and kicking on Uranus!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP

wrecks is becoming a great contributor

Got this reply when asking about the rebate form expiring. In any case if telesales can get the HTP sooner then I will order it from there and cancel my EVP order. Then apply my EVP discounts later.

I will send you a copy of the new rebate form once it’s available.

The launch date was the 19th and it was released this week that it’s being pushed back to 11/2. Telesales might not have been updated with that info, I’m not sure.

Mandy Claiborne
EVP Director
Nationlink Wireless
Old 10-09-2008, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Well... its confirmed. OCT. 19 thru telesales!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeee!!!!! My source? My contact ofcourse! On other news...... Martians were found alive and kicking on Uranus!
LOL...Same sources that you checked with prior to the Diamond release?...hahahaha Just messin' with you...and no, I don't think you'll ever live that down...LOL.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Telus

tommyboy is a n00b

I just saw a pre release model of the HTC Touch Pro in a Telus store today. According to a friend if it's at the stage where they have a demo it'll probably come out in about a month or so.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
I just saw a pre release model of the HTC Touch Pro in a Telus store today. According to a friend if it's at the stage where they have a demo it'll probably come out in about a month or so.
Nice. There's actually a specific thread w/ pics for the Telus version, if you weren't already aware:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38091
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
James - At least know that some people on here trust your word. I definitely do, after actually searching through and seeing your past track record. I mean, I've been working in corporate business for quite some time and I haven't seen one company yet that would allow a "manager" in a Sprint Store have more information or pull than a VP of marketing that reports directly to the CEO...LOL...Anybody who thinks otherwise must either be really young, naive or have absolutely NO clue about corporate business.

Question for you - As for the Best Buy date, do you know why it's being launched there first?
No information as to why best buy... It was just the information as I was handed.

Thanks again for the props. If It gets updated again which I am sure he will let me know ahead of time I will post an Update.

James
Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
LOL...Same sources that you checked with prior to the Diamond release?...hahahaha Just messin' with you...and no, I don't think you'll ever live that down...LOL.
I resent that! But yet again... I am getting my email ready to start bombarding Sprint on when we will get it. So far all 9 emails I have sent soo far has said on the 19th and i could order it then. :P
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro